Director of Machine Learning
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Engineering
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
● Be both a highly technical, hands- on coder and effective people manager.
● Communicate cross- functionally and drive engineering efforts.
● Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
● Effectively coach, mentor and guide the technical and professional development of the members of the team.
● Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring both externally and internally, and keep a super high bar while doing so!
● Work as the lead ML to build a robust and scalable ML platform using up- to- date tech stack.
● Identify new data sources and features and collect large data sets to build new models.
● Design and implement end- to- end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive advertising conversion.
● Develop and maintain the necessary infrastructure to run and maintain the algorithms.
● Develop a feedback system to improve the selection of features for the algorithms.
● BS, MS or PhD in computer science, engineering or related field.
● 10+ years of software(ML) engineering experience, including hands- on technical management.
● You've led a team of 10+ engineers, and have 5+ years of engineering management experience.
● You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
● You are comfortable diving into the technical aspects of various parts of the ML and backend system.
● You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
● You have successfully taken projects from inception to production.
● Experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services.
● Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit- Learn,or ML Lib for production or commercial products.
● You have expertise in one or more object- oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more.
● Experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra.
● A strong desire to learn the details of advanced machine learning algorithms.
● Ability to communicate effectively between Product managers, business teams, data analysts and production engineers, both in code and conversation.
● Ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics.
● Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
● Experience in stream processing—Storm, Spark, Flink etc.— and graph processing technologies.
● Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
● Experience of working with advertising platforms.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $154,100.00 - $285,084.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com