Machine Learning Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries.
Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
This role is open to remote working in the following locations: CA, WA, OR, TX, NY, IL. Please reach out to your talent professional for more details.
- Work as the lead data strategist to identify compelling patterns, partner with stakeholders and come up with the solutions.
- Mine and analyze data to improve product capabilities and help the team to come up with the new products.
- Identify new data sources and features and collects large data sets to build new models.
- Aggregate huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models for prediction and forecasting.
- Design and implement end- to- end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive advertising conversion.
- Improve the run- time of existing algorithms.
- Develop and maintain the necessary infrastructure to run and maintain the algorithms.
- Develop a feedback system to improve the selection of features for the algorithms.
- PhD or MS in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Experience in finding patterns, trends and actionable insights from huge data sets.
- 4- 8 years of experience as machine learning engineer/data scientist.
- You have expertise in one or more object- oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more
- Experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services.
- Experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra.
- Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit- Learn,or ML Lib for production or commercial products.
- A strong desire to learn the details of advanced machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to communicate effectively between Product managers, business teams, data analysts and production engineers, both in code and conversation.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics.
- Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
- Experience in stream processing—Storm, Spark, Flink etc.— and graph processing technologies.
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience of working with advertising platform.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com