Payroll Specialist - Fixed term contract
Global Payroll Specialist
Shared Services | Barcelona
Your role within our Kingdom
You are a skilled payroll specialist with knowledge and experience in aspects of local payroll. You will be responsible for all Payroll processing and allocated projects for your specific locations. Working across multiple stakeholder groups and external providers; you will deliver on all payroll related matters and compliance in an efficient and effective manner.
- Payroll compliance, efficiencies & timeliness for your countries.
- Ensure correct accounting via our payroll journals, maintaining accuracy of transactions to ensure high quality outputs are maintained at all times
- Liaise with a number of stakeholders both internally and externally (e.g. Employees, HR teams and our payroll provider ADP), providing excellent customer service, payroll knowledge and meet all required SLAs.
- Act as the first point of contact for Payroll enquiries and cases for locations responsible for
- Deliver monthly and annual payroll returns and maintain their accuracy for all employees within remit.
- Support as a resource on project impacting payroll where appropriate.
- Provide support on KPI deliverables of payroll and the team.
- Run recurring or adhoc reports, checking data and formatting appropriately to ensure they are suitable for use by finance colleagues or the business
- Make suggestions to processes, supporting on team projects and working with others to upskill on other SME areas across Payroll.
- Keep up to date on regulation changes for specific supported locations ensure accuracy and service to customers.
- Maintain compliance on reports and data with all local regulations regarding payroll and benefits.
- Recommends innovative approaches, policies and procedures for continual improvements in efficiencies of the department.
- Continue to increase Subject Matter Expertise on your allocated locations, on all payroll and legislative matters, providing expertise support where needed to others.
- Work with the Payroll team and the Global Payroll Operations Manager to provide additional processing/transaction support as required
- Create and submit monthly pensions submissions to the relevant providers in line with agreed SLAs
- Work to a global standardised way across your team, to ensure cross country back up & peer checks are completed, highlighting issues and identifying trends.
Skills to create thrills
- Knowledgeable in Global Payroll Operations, EMEA & US payroll experience is a plus.
- Excellent payroll knowledge (e.g. statutory, legislative) on multiple countries.
- Experienced with Payroll journals and cost analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both internal & externally.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent IT skills – particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Have a proactive & positive attitude towards global payroll tasks, process improvements and changes.
- Ability to work well independently and demonstrating initiative with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in a fast- moving, ambitious and matrix organization.
- High attention to detail, with accuracy as a consistent trademark for all deliverables.
- Experienced with outsourced Payroll including Connectivity. ADP Streamline experience is a pre.
- Experienced working in a project environment and contributing to payroll change projects.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.