Game Design Director | Farm Heroes Saga
Craft:Games Design & Production
King, a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, is known for its captivating games that bring moments of magic to players globally. Our mission – Making the World Playful – pushes us to create new experiences and elevate the gaming experience. We design games for everyone, everywhere, and of all backgrounds. Our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for one another, and love for our players help us take the art and science of gaming to the next level.
Farm Heroes Saga is one of King's biggest and most cherished game titles. We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Director to join our team, whose primary focus will be to leverage and grow the creative talents of our team members, while improving creative aspects of our game, growing our audience, and forging stronger connections with our players to boost engagement. In this role, you will report to the Head of Creative and collaborate closely with the game's leadership team and multidisciplinary team members.
Your Role Within our Kingdom:
- Collaborate with the Head of Creative to define and craft a creative vision for the game, ensuring alignment with the overall strategy and objectives.
- Lead and mentor a team of dedicated game designers, UX designers and level designers, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and oversee design processes and standard methodologies, ensuring high- quality design, processes, and creative elements across the game.
- Evaluate and analyse game performance, player feedback, and industry trends to inform design decisions and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with cross- functional teams, including Product, Art, Tech and Production to identify and follow through on strategies that address the needs of the players, the game, the team, and FHS.
- Champion creative excellence within the team, driving design innovation and ensuring a player- focused approach to all aspects of game development.
Skills to Create Thrills:
- Proven experience in design leadership within the free- to- play casual games industry.
- Strong understanding of creative functions, including Game/Level Design, Art, UI, UX, Player Research, and Economy Design.
- Excellent people leadership skills, with experience leading and mentoring creative teams, motivating and inspiring them to reach their full potential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in an agile project environment and influence stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of live game development and operations.
- Passionate about games and able to work in a flexible, fast- paced environment.
- All over the details, with a strong focus on well- documented creative processes and treatments applied to features.
- Solid knowledge of the games market and current consumer expectations.
- Comfortable with metrics and data- informed decision- making.
Join our hard- working team and help us create moments of magic for our players as we continue to elevate the gaming experience and make the world more playful!
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.