Graphic Design Internship
Graphic Design Intern
Activision Blizzard Media brings innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly- engaged players.
This division builds powerful marketing solutions that are embraced by the world’s largest marketers. Activision Blizzard Media connects brands and players with fan- first integrated advertising experiences across gaming and esports. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports like the Call of Duty League™, the Overwatch League™ and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
Activision Blizzard Media’s design team is seeking a creative, innovative, and solutions oriented Graphic Design Intern to build and maintain high quality presentations that take our media offering to the next level.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Design, develop and execute graphically engaging pitch presentations, infographics and sales marketing materials
- Coordinate information from multiple sources and compile the data into beautiful visualizations, infographics, and charts
- Create brand specific digital and printed materials for meetings, websites, newsletters, events and other uses as needed.
- Help to maintain a consistent look, feel, tone and voice across all external and internal communication pieces.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and innovate to meet constraints of cost, time and sales marketing needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in the graphic design field to promote creativity and share with team members.
Skills to create thrills
- Be prepared to speak to your experiences in design and how they apply to the world of marketing and advertising
- Applicants should have a portfolio with pieces that show a grasp of presentation design and data visualization
- Must have strong design aesthetic and good understanding of typography, photography image manipulation, and page layout
- Strong organizational skills with experience.
- Proficient in Adobe CS, specifically Photoshop, and Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficient with presentation design software like PowerPoint or Keynote
- Openness to direction, mentoring and training to improve skills
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible for following a workload calendar, prioritizing tasks, and delivering work on time.
In New York City, the standard base pay range for this role is $21.68-$32.05 per hour. This base pay range is for New York City and is not applicable to other locations. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role are eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.”
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $15.77 - $29.13 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com