Engineering Internship, Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to be the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush®, eSports opportunities like the Call of Duty™ and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty® and StarCraft®.
Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in- person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
- Build the fundamentals for programmatic advertising.
- Learn to collaborate across engineering and product domains and understand the engineering process from inception to delivery.
- Work with data at scale and learn best practices to design, build and ship features independently.
- Should show basic understanding of comp- sci fundamentals (choosing appropriate data- structures/algorithms).
- Java/Python preferred. If not familiar, should be open to learning and developing in said languages.
- Bonus: experience with SQL, Google Cloud, and having worked in an agile workplace
- Opportunity for a candidate to take part in the development and maintenance of our Advertisement SDK and surrounding work, learning what it takes to develop code used by millions of players every single day.
- Proven experience (such as course or school project) in C++ 11, Java or Objective- C.
- Understanding of code- quality and being able to follow existing code style.
- Excited about Mobile application software development (Android or iOS application development experience preferred).
- Experience with Git and Github (or equivalent Pull- request review system).
Fullstack Engineering Intern:
- Work with ads and monetization platform engineering team on platform engineering and tooling.
- Good understanding of how to data model (MySQL).
- Bonus: experience with React.js, Spring, Springboot
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $14.19 - $26.22 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com