Corporate Strategy Manager
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
This is a unique opportunity to join a successful and highly valued team that works closely with King’s Executive Leadership in crafting our long- term strategy and roadmap, and in making critical decisions that cut across the full breadth of the business. The team also supports the implementation of new business initiatives that ‘move the needle’ for King.
Working collaboratively across all parts of our business, including our game teams, technology, marketing, and business performance, you will be responsible for supporting a dynamic mix of high- impact projects. Many of these projects are inherently complex and cross- functional in nature. You will play a key role in addressing some of our biggest opportunities and threats. Along the way, you will not only build deep expertise in our industry, but also develop your skills as a business leader.
Your role within our kingdom
- Support the development of our overarching strategy, including building long- term plans for our Franchises and New IP, distribution and technology strategies,
- Identify, analyse and evaluate critical business decisions through thorough, fact- based analysis, and business case modelling;
- Explore and assess major new business opportunities;
- Work both independently and with stakeholders from across the broader King organisation to develop actionable recommendations, and to drive the implementation of our strategic initiatives
Skills to create thrills
- Experience at a top- tier consulting firm (Senior Associate/Consultant/Manager) and/or
- Experience in a corporate strategy for a leading Media or Technology firm
- Ability to think creatively, frame and structure complex problems, and lead substantially complex modules on strategic projects;
- Excellent skills in financial modelling and business case development;
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrable ability to work in a dynamic environment with high ambiguity;
- Proven track record to operate effectively in cross- functional settings – ability to work with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds, at all levels of the organization;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Interest and motivation for gaming;
- Previous work experience in or exposure to one or more of the following sectors: gaming, consumer mobile, consumer internet and/or advertising;
- Master's degree, ideally in Technology/Engineering- related disciplines, or holding an MBA
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under- represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.