Content Marketing Lead
Activision Blizzard Media connects brands and players with fan- first integrated advertising experiences across gaming and esports. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports like the Call of Duty League™, the Overwatch League™ and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
The Content Marketing Lead will play a meaningful role in growing Activision Blizzard Media’s presence in the advertising industry through the development of engaging, insightful and creative content that positions Activision Blizzard Media as a ‘must- buy’ for brands. Reporting into the Head of Communications & Marketing Strategy, this role will develop and own Activision Blizzard Media’s content calendar, inclusive of blogs, bylines, and social media; and is responsible for translating complex messages into compelling content targeted at a B2B advertising and marketing audience.
- Develop and lead B2B content calendar, inclusive of blog posts, thought leadership articles and social media content, under strategic direction from the Head of Communications & Marketing Strategy
- Synthesize and translate research and insights into compelling and easy- to- understand written collateral including whitepapers, one- pagers and bylines targeted at the advertising and marketing industry
- Identify key content themes and storytelling opportunities for Activision Blizzard Media within the in- game advertising landscape, inclusive of new content types and formats
- Develop and shape the content and messaging for speaking appearances including synopsis, key takeaways and presentation decks
- Partner with Sales Enablement Lead on development of client- facing communications including automated email content, newsletters, case studies and partner decks
- Partner with Digital Marketing Lead on website content including SEO implementation, reporting and analytics to track and optimize content performance
- Provide support for internal- facing communications and marketing content needs
- 8+ years of experience developing content for a B2B audience, bonus for advertising or marketing industry experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with experience distilling complex ideas into easy- to- understand and engaging copy
- Experience being responsible for a comprehensive content calendar across multiple platforms and running social media accounts, specifically LinkedIn and Twitter
- Strong storytelling skills, with ability to identify key content angles and tailor these for a specific target audience
- Highly organized and detail- orientated, comfortable handling multiple projects and timelines concurrently
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with experience working cross- functionally in a fast- paced, high growth organization preferred
- Good understanding of website reporting metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of and curiosity about advertising, marketing and gaming industries
In New York City, the standard base pay range for this role is $99,990 - $147,910 annually. This base pay range is for New York City and is not applicable to other locations. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role are eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com