Craft:Technology & Development
You will translate business needs and product vision into talent strategies, find, retain and develop the best talent, build high- performing, well- functioning, right- sized teams capable of delivering great features to our players.
- Lead, develop, coach, and grow technical professionals who work as part of a cross- functional team.
- Drive and execute all people- related processes in collaboration with HR.
- Be the Hiring Manager for engineers in your teams and take complete ownership of the employee lifecycle.
- Collaborate with tech and product leadership to ensure your teams have the right tools, skills, and processes.
- Unblock your teams and individual engineers and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support Engineering Organisation in driving the continuous improvement of all talent- related processes and contribute to strategic areas of improvement related to our talent.
- Handle administration part of King HR policies for your team.
To deliver a holistic and coherent experience to our players, we rely on cross- functional teams. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead Engineers who will be a part of the cross- functional team. To succeed, you will need to work in tight collaboration with the Tech Lead and Producer responsible for the tech direction, production, and output of the whole cross- functional team.
- Experienced leader with a passion for developing others
- Solution- oriented and problem- solving mindset
- Stakeholder management skills
- Great communication, coaching, and feedback skills
- Technical background in software engineering
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.