Tech Project Manager
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager that is willing to take the lead and ensure successful end- to- end delivery of one of the most important tech transformations King has ever seen - migrating our backend Services to Google Cloud Platform. We have evolved our tooling and we need to migrate all our customers to the newest technology and decommission our legacy services.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are passionate about technology and enjoy working in an environment where things move quickly, then King is the place for you!
As the Technical Project Manager for Services you’ll be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering the biggest infrastructure transformation project King has seen.
You will be responsible for ensuring delivery and planning across a number of workstreams spread across the Services Organization. You will take care, among other things, of…
Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well- defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high- levels of quality for the team.
Skills to create thrills
You have a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission- critical, projects with the appropriate level of planning and the right balance of agility and predictability. Other skills in your toolbox include:
- Verifiable experience in project management using both traditional and agile principles.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Proven ability to lead technological projects in areas such Security, IT and/or Software Development, ensuring objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including executive level.
- Ability to engage and keep stakeholders informed of progress, issues and risks.
- Creative approach to problem- solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential; must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
Tasty Bonus Skills
- You have some Project Management or Agile Certifications in your pocket (PMP, Prince2 PMI- ACP, Scrum Master, Product Owner, others)
- Strong interpersonal skills such as mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Outstanding ability to understand complex technical topics and articulate them clearly and simply.
- You have written code in the past or have a technical/security background.
- Have been involved in Cloud Migration projects, specifically Google Cloud Platform
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.