Director, Platform Program Management, ABK Mobile Partnerships
Craft:Games Design & Production
Santa Monica, CA
or San Francisco, CA (Embarcadero)
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and sits at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. Activision Blizzard is a member of the S&P 500 and is recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world across three operating segments: Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment and we develop and publishes games based on some of the most beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty, Warcraft, Candy Crush, Overwatch, Diablo, Hearthstone, and many others. Our games are played in 196 countries and we are well- positioned for growth across all gaming platforms, audiences, genres, and business models.
Activision Blizzard believes in developing talent across the organization at all levels through career development, mentor relationships and formal training. We are a community of people who love to have fun together, and we are fueled by the passion for our games, our industry and future opportunities for the company and its people.
More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Activision Blizzard King Mobile Partnerships supports key company priorities by driving partner collaboration that fuels organic growth across our leading portfolio of games. We are looking for a strong leader to play a key role with our biggest mobile distribution partners and internal teams. You will be helping lead data- driven recommendations that identify "win- win" value propositions using our partner ecosystem. You’ll have a proven track record to apply your skills in order to generate value for our leading games franchises, including Candy Crush, Call of Duty Mobile, and Diablo Immortal, as well as our studios’ next generation of outstanding mobile games.
The Director, Platform Program Management, ABK Mobile Partnerships will report to the Vice President of Mobile Partnerships. In this role, you will be a senior leader, driving and accelerating technology initiatives with the largest mobile distribution platforms (e.g. Apple and Google). You will also be leading operational process improvement internally to enable us to innovate more rapidly. We're looking for a standout teammate, who has a track record of driving transformation and expert influencing skills at executive and core team levels.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Provide strategic insights and leadership on key topics to advise on business operations efficiency and to help drive future- growth initiatives
- Deeply understand platform objectives to advise and prioritize offerings for future roadmap
- Develop strong, positive relationships with Partner Management, Engineering, Product Management, and Analytics to drive strategic objectives
- Ensure incidents are accurately supervised and elevated appropriately with partners to drive resolutions.
- Be the subject matter authority on platform policy and tech guidelines to analyze and communicate the impact of key strategy and market changes
- Lead a team responsible for technical support to internal partners related to platform OS and policy changes
- Input on processes for tracking and reporting performance to internal and external partners
- Communicate recommendations in a clear and concise way to leadership and cross- functional partners
Skills to create thrills
- Seasoned leader with 10+ years of broad, results–driven strategic & technical experience in Operating or Consulting role
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record; MBA preferred
- Effective people / team management capabilities enabling management of an impactful team
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, steadfast advocate and influencer
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous high- priority projects (often including project management of cross- functional “virtual” teams)
- Upbeat and collaborative with strong cross- functional and cross- cultural influencing skills
- Executive presence and ability to “tell a story” that drives decisions with senior audiences
- The ability to understand complex business problems and then define the right metrics or analysis to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Experience in a gaming, media or consumer web/mobile services company (preferred, not required);
COVID- 19 Hiring Update
This role is expected to begin and continue as a remote position
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under- represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $134,000.00 - $247,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com