We are looking for a skilled and creative Data Scientist with to join King Central Insights Data Science team. You will work on company wide projects, collaborating with Finance, Strategy and Game teams.
YOUR ROLE WITHIN OUR KINGDOM
You will help us modelling our business, games and players. You will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast- paced environment and be part of a community of 80+ Data scientists & analytics experts. As a Data Scientist at Central Inisghts, your role will be focused on answering research questions and building tools that will have impact all across the organisation. This role will require a strong technical profile, in terms of data engineering (Data modelling, ETLs) and software engineering (Coding, Simulation at scale) skills.
Specifically, you will:
- Translate business needs and player behaviour into research questions.
- Help modelling our business, games and players.
- Define and build data models and ETLs that support research.
- Design and simulate large scale statistical models.
- Build tools (libraries/packages) implementing research results and help spreading them across the organisation.
- Collaborate with Finance, Strategy and Game teams to work on impactful research questions.
SKILLS TO CREATE THRILLS
- Experience as a data scientist in a technology company.
- Can research, identify and disseminate best practices across teams in terms of tools, systems and processes.
- Can write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players, and work effectively with Big Data Cloud platforms systems such as Google's BigQuery and Cloud Computing.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (R/Python/Julia) and enjoy coding and software engineering.
- Good at statistical modeling and understanding the appropriate statistical techniques to use in different circumstances.
- Good at designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.