Principal Game Designer - Candy Crush Soda Saga
Craft:Games Design & Production
Do you want to join King to support the development of Candy Crush Soda Saga? If you are passionate about Match3 core gameplay, this is the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for an expert, highly motivated, Principal Designer to join a closely- knit team, driving innovation in arguably the best match3 switcher on the market to new heights.
As a Principal designer, you have responsibility for the design, implementation, user testing and delivery of the systems and the core match3 gameplay design architecture.
Your role within the Kingdom
- Working on a key team, improving a key IP title for King.
- In close collaboration with the Creative Director, helping to define the game’s core gameplay and key systems for the core loop.
- Working alongside the economy designer to ensure new features can be effectively monetized.
- Maintaining the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Documenting, communicating, and collecting internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
- Staying up to date on the mobile market, playtesting and analysing mobile games, and sharing insights with the team.
- Assisting in the organization of internal and external user testing sessions.
- Collecting, analysing and applying user feedback as part of the iterative process of design improvement.
- Creating task breakdowns to assist the producer with scheduling.
- Tracking and reporting key risks to your producer.
- Actively seeking feedback and engagement with the studio’s design craft discipline to better both yourself and your peers.
- Working in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to learn from your colleagues.
Skills to create thrills
- Strong, proven, core game design experience with Match3 games
- Preferable have worked as core designer on a match3 start- up designing the game from scratch
- Analytical and system design skills
- Confidence and experience to self- manage and self- motivate
- Experience working on mobile as a gaming platform
- Good understanding of free to play economies and meta game
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
Candidates must have strong experience creating Match3 casual mobile games. Working in mobile games provides a unique environment in which high ambitions meet tight constraints. We are looking for a game maker who is not only comfortable with technical constraints, but also loves the challenge of overcoming them.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.