Blizzard Entertainment/Activision/King is seeking an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to join our Corporate Applications group. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be one of the main points of contact for all things backend engineering of a broad suite of applications. Today, the Systems Administration and Engineering group is mainly focused on improving the performance and stability of our Atlassian stack, but we’re interested in long- term sustainability and operational awareness for a variety of systems. If you are excited to problem solve in a fast- paced environment where you can see the impact of your efforts, Blizzard/Activision/King is the place for you!
Are you up for the challenge?
- Build tools to help manage and implement software upgrades and patches
- Design and engineer solutions to help support advanced troubleshooting and avoid repetitive tasks
- Implement effective monitoring and alerting for all Corporate Applications services
- Proactively maintain and develop backend systems infrastructure
- Participate in the improvements of the stability, efficiency, and scalability of our environments
- Oversee routine maintenance procedures and perform systematic testing.
- Help shape the DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods and best practices
- Partner with cross- functional teams to design and implement solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Be a trusted escalation point for our services team and customers, sharing a 24x7 on- call rotation
- 5+ years of experience supporting Linux in a professional setting
- 3+ years of experience working in a DevOps or SRE- related role
- 3+ years of experience with Python, PowerShell, Bash, and/or Groovy scripting
- Experience working in a DevOps or SRE- related role
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or MS SQL
- Strong experience with infrastructure- as- code (Terraform etc.)
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Proficiency in one or more monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Logstash, etc.,)
- Proficiency with IT infrastructure: networking, storage, security
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Knowledge Base Articles (KBs)
- Experience with program management methodologies and working with Program Managers
- Self- motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Certification with ITIL Frameworks
- Experience supporting a live service
- Experience in performing Jira/Confluence installations, migrations, and add- on installation
- Linux certification
- Experience working with Product Design groups
- Video game industry experience
- Passion for Activision/Blizzard/King games
Covid- 19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work- from- home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment/Activision/King is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.