Senior Software developer
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®. The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are seeking a Senior Developer, Mobile SDK in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting- edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
What you’ll do…
- Be part of the AdTech team in developing innovative new ad platform for mobile games
- Work involve writing platform specific code for File I/O, HTTP and Rendering in order to build for example a Video Player.
- Analyse, improve, optimize, and debug ads platform technology and tools
- Write and maintain efficient, readable, and reliable code
To succeed you should have…
- 5 years or more experience working in the video game or a related industry as an Engineer
- Fluent in C/C++ and cross- platform programming and is excited to spearhead our AdTech expansion into these new platforms.
- Communicate effectively with non- technical team members
- Work well in a diverse team environment
We’d love it if you also have…
- Strong understanding and experience with SaaS platform development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Python or other scripting languages
- Solid public speaking skills
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com