Business Lead | Candy Crush Soda
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Candy Crush Soda Saga is one of the biggest games in the world, entertaining millions of players every day, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about making it even bigger and better.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Operate Governance to advise, make, and implement decisions across the Candy Crush Soda saga organisation
- Communicate to help everyone inside and outside Candy Crush Soda Saga understand where we are going and why
- Run additional select projects, particularly those requiring cross- functional work or complex structure
As a Business lead you will be a key member of the Soda Executive Leadership Team, and report to the Head of Soda. You will have a key role in enabling the success of the overall organisation and in setting the organisation up for success, by assessing and improving our strategy, governance and communication.
In this role you will have the chance to work collaboratively across all parts of the organisation and with our partners across King, including the game teams, technology, marketing, and business performance. You are a person who makes things happen, either on your own or by partnering effectively with others. You will be responsible for contributing to and in some cases leading a range of high- impact
Goals and key responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of soda’s strategy through driving objective setting and tracking
- Structure and creation of management reporting
- Cross - Candy Crush Soda communication of initiatives and projects that pan across all of the Soda organisation
- Support, encourage and challenge leaders across Candy Crush Soda Saga to develop and deliver compelling strategies for their areas of responsibility
- Support the evaluation and communication of the strategy internally and externally (e.g. KTRs, OKRs, goal- setting, internal and external reporting), ensuring that King leadership and other teams across King are informed and ready to support Soda’s plans
- Work with the rest of Soda’s Core Leadership Team to establish and improve effective, inclusive, and efficient governance
- Ensure high- quality thinking and communication in each department/area/craft, and in the overall integration of the all the parts comprising the strategy
- Manage communications and information- sharing processes, ensuring people at various levels have the right level and amount of information to be engaged, informed, and able to make good decisions.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate critical business decisions through thorough, fact- based analysis, and case modelling
- Explore, assess and execute on strategically important projects, both independently and with stakeholders from across Soda and the broader King organisation
Skills to create thrills
- Experience of leading and delivering complex projects
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience of C- level interactions and influencing
- Proven understanding and experience of strategy and change management and delivery
- Knowledge of the games market and current consumer expectations
- A humble and positive personality, able to lead from the front but also bring people on the journey
- Proactive and able to move fast when needed
- A great partner for diverse team members and stakeholders - engaged, conscientious, and communicate
- Goal- oriented
- Strategic attitude combined with delivery and operational efficiency
We are looking for someone with the ability to think strategically, grasp the subtleties of game development, and dive deep into the detail and advise on executional direction and goal orientation.
This role is at Associate Director or Director level. Could be suitable for candidates at higher/lower levels, subject to discussion.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.