Engineering Manager (Shared Tech)
Craft:Technology & Development
As an engineering manager at King your primary responsibility is to be a servant leader to the team you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, focusing rather on delivering great outcome features and not so much on the output. You are a constant ambassador of innovation in the team. You have a technical background in software development, so you’ll be able to challenge and grow your team members. You will partner with Product Managers to define strategy and execution for the team.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will support the team to ensure a timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs while advocating advance modern, agile software development practices and helping develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices. You will grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with what we value and culture. You will be an active part of the engineering management community and collaborate with the product organisation.
Expected core activities:
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands- on career development
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with the team, product manager, and other collaborators to ensure we deliver extraordinary user features
- Empower the team in their delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and promote modern, agile software development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow and embody a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with what we value
- Take an active part of the team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Help drive innovation in the team
- Grow the technical expertise in the team
- Help to establish and advocate best quality practices across the organization
- Accountable for the execution of the team
Skills to create thrills
Our ideal Engineering manager is passionate about technology and what it can do for our different business areas and players of King games, and thrives when developing great people, not just great software and products. Key skills you should have include:
- Solid experience leading tech teams, and successfully solving many of the tough organisational challenges that follow. You will be comfortable leading teams comprised of 5- 12 people.
- You have the ability to inspire, grow, lead and develop a team to great standards.
- You have a solid technical background in software development that allows you to represent the engineering team and defend technical/architectural decisions.
- Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between team member approval and forward momentum.
- You have experience building meaningful products. You are focused around the outcome over the output.
- You demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.