Senior General Ledger Accountant
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a Senior General Ledger Accountant with experience working across a multinational group.
Reporting to the General Ledger Manager, you will lead and supervise all aspects of and GL balances, the preparation/review of journals, Balance sheet reconciliations and other accounting initiatives spanning several areas of accounting. This is a global role with global responsibility spanning King’s operations in UK, Malta, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Germany and the US.
- Lead various accounting areas, including, the review & input of journal entries (monthly, adjusting and recurring) and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reviewing of our Lease Accounting at King, and monthly review of our payroll balance sheet with our payroll team in Barcelona.
- Preparing the monthly global cashflow statement.
- Collaborate with our Financial Reporting and Forecasting teams, Payroll and Internal Audit
- Support of VAT and Tax compliance with local advisors
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other audit and accounting principles
- Assist with the audit reviews (both internal and external)
- Preparation of GL monthly commentaries to submit to group consolidation team
- Drive process improvement projects
Skills to create thrills
- Proven professional accounting experience
- Hold a recognized accounting/ finance qualification
- Excellent communications skills & and can expertly present to management
- Experience of process improvements and maintenance of a strong control environment
- Forward thinking with ability to bring ideas for improvements to the organization
- Possesses good leadership skills and be an active participant in leading change in the team
- Experience in working in an international company over multiple locations
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Excel and other MS packages
- Prior experience working with Oracle R12 and Hyperion will be an advantage.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.