Audio Visual Engineer
Reporting to the EMEA Real- Time Communication (RTC) Lead, the Audio Visual Engineer is responsible for Audio Visual, Videoconferencing and more broadly real- time communication experience for Activision- Blizzard- King (ABK) in EMEA region. This person is a member of ABK RTC team and works with numerous adjacent teams to ensure utmost efficiency, professionalism, and quality in the output of any and all Audio Visual and Videoconferencing services provided for the organization. This is a permanent, full- time role based in our Barcelona office.
- Uses the ticket system to manage, track, and resolve assigned issues tickets.
- Monitors and responds to video- conference alerting to address issues in remote offices and brings visibility to any indication of larger fleet wide issues.
- Takes responsibility for quality and consistency of video conferencing service.
- Troubleshoot issues with call quality, call failure and work issue in real time to mitigation of solution, ultimately ending with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of issue.
- Interface with and support C- level executives with any and all issues around call quality and any real time communication tool.
- Ensure AV/VC hardware and software environment in Barcelona is prepared to meet end user and business needs.
- Troubleshoot any and all AV/VC systems as needed to satisfy the end user’s needs, and escalate if necessary.
- Ability to manage Audio Visual projects of varying size and complexity, ability to understand project construction documents and keys.
- Oversight of contractors and vendors working on the AV- VC systems, supervision and signing off on break- fix repairs, upgrades, or new build installations.
- Provisions new VC endpoints, and maintains endpoints through fleet management software, ensures maximum uptime through monitoring of alerting dashboard.
- Point of contact for key events like monthly “Kingdom calls”or “Player events”, adequately testing and preparing physical space as well as ensuring quality of multipoint call.
- Maintains proficiency in Videoconferencing and collaborative technology as well as professional office skills both of a technical and non- technical nature.
- Coordinate resources and master controls of AV environment during events.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving of AV related hardware and software.
- Responsible for AV equipment inventory, stock, commission and decommission.
- Responsible for the creation of AV environment documentation.
- 2 + years experience supporting Video Conferencing
- 2+ years experience with Web- Cast and Collaborative tools such as Zoom and Web RTC products.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting for Mac and Windows in a Video Conferencing environment.
- 2+ years experience with executive support.
- Extensive experience with video conferencing systems
- Deep knowledge on AV technologies and IT systems
- Experience working with spreadsheets, documents, and presentations tools to create and maintain technical and functional documentation.
- Experience working with changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes
- Knowledge of backend video technologies – Cisco/Webex
- Previous AV integration and deployment experience – AMX/Extron/Crestron
- AV Project management.
- Vendor oversight
Our office in Barcelona has free food, free drinks, and an on- site gym.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification in the job posting. At Activision Blizzard, we believe in equal opportunity and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every qualification outlined. We also do our best to ensure all applications received are responded to. Furthermore, if you have an Accommodation Request, please let us know.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.