Senior Software Engineer (Telemetry & Streaming) | Shared Tech
Craft:Technology & Development
Senior Software Engineer - Telemetry and Streaming
We are open for this role to be based in one of our sweet locations in either:
King makes great games that offer fun, bite- size entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy! We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to work with the Telemetry & Streaming - Event Management team who each day:
- Ingests and process 20 TiB of data generated by our games!
- Scale up to processing 5 million events per second
- Populate 4000 tables in BigQuery with about 100 Bn rows
- Manage 20 Petabytes of online and archived game data
We’re looking for a great teammate who gets excited about processing data at a massive scale. You are flexible and adaptable, open to new ideas, and enjoy making reliable bulletproof solutions. This is the perfect role for an engineer who wants to continue developing their programming skills and become experienced working in Google Cloud Platform with a broad range of technologies including: Apache Beam, Dataflow, BigQuery, Airflow/Composer, Kubernetes/GKE.
You’ll be joining a team which always strives to follow best practice in terms of development process, automated testing and CI/CD. You’ll be working on the most important data pipelines within King which are relied upon by all other data teams and will be responsible all the way from developing the solutions to keeping it properly running on production.
Skills to create thrills
- Deep understanding and hands- on experience with Java (11+)
- Experience using large- scale distributed data processing framework (such as Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Spark, Storm, Hadoop) to process terabytes of data (both real- time stream and batch processing).
- Experience writing scalable and resilient solutions, with disaster recovery aspects in mind. Our data ingestion pipelines run 24/7 and need to handle different amounts of load during any time.
- Monitor, detect and fix problems if needed daily with the responsibility of keeping production systems healthy all the time. Suggest possible improvements on a diverse range of areas.
- You will need to be able to work independently on complex problems and be able to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions.
- Experience orchestrating data pipelines using Airflow
- Experience working with solutions of major public cloud providers, preferably Google Cloud.
- Familiar with Python
- Containerizing workloads and running these on Kubernetes (GKE)
- Managing infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Automating builds, tests, and deployments (Jenkins, Google Cloud Build)
- Experience monitoring applications (Cloud Monitoring, Grafana, Datadog)
- Knowledge about event- driven architecture
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.