Senior Java Developer (Streaming Platform) | Shared Tech
Craft:Technology & Development
Senior Java Developer - Streaming Platform
We are open for this role to be based in one of our sweet locations in either:
Want to create the world’s best mobile games? Have you got the skills to make that happen? We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer (Telemetry and Streaming) to join our Kingdom. You’ll be part of a team that speak your language, taking on complex challenges - using some pretty nice tech. Our games are adored by hundreds of millions of people, and you’ll be building them. As well as the engines and support systems that make them play beautifully on any platform.
Your role within the Kingdom
Here, you will get the chance to tackle very big and fast data - over 120 billion events received from the games every single day, processed in real- time!
You will work closely with fellow data engineers, business intelligence developers, data scientists, business performance managers/directors and game developers across all our game studios.
The purpose? Ensuring that we stay ahead in the stream- processing- game, using the findings to create user- centric products, making our players happy!
Some of the fun stuff you´ll get to do:
- Develop, maintain and operate our large- scale real- time stream processing platform that let’s our users to build, test and deploy their business logic with little technical knowledge and operational requirement.
- Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
- Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
- Work together with fellow engineers from different teams in King analytical space
- Promote team’s products to a broad audience of both technical and non- technical backgrounds and support/educate users
- Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
Skills to create thrills:
You are curious individual who really enjoys solving problems and are a big fan of "Great engineering". Eagerness to learn and trying out new techy things is traits that you can relate to being "you".
- Deep understanding of Java (11+) and object- oriented design patterns
- Writes high- quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
- At least high- level knowledge about stateless/stateful stream processing technologies and near real- time systems.
- Experience working with major public cloud providers, especially with Google Cloud products (Dataproc, GKE, BigQuery, Dataflow, GCS, Composer).
- Experience with Stream processing technologies – Apache Flink (preferred), Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, Storm, Hadoop
- Experience setting up and managing Hadoop Yarn clusters
- Familiar with building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GCP Cloud Build, ArgoCD)
- Experience with observability tools (Grafana, Datadog, OpenTSDB, Prometheus)
- Experience with IaC solutions like Terraform
- We know that you are into games on some level (casual, console, board- games etc.) and if you also have experience working in the online gaming industry, we sure would like to hear your story!
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.