Lead Artist (2D/3D) - New Games
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a highly experienced Lead Artist to help lead the creation of the amazing game art content for one of our exciting new games.
Working closely with the Art Director, artists, designers and programmers you will be an integral part of executing on the art vision of the project. This is a hybrid role where you will both lead and create, ensuring both 2d and 3d assets are integrated into many areas of the game, aligned with the projects given art style.
You'll need to be a passionate generalist with an in- depth knowledge of art pipelines, technical boundaries and integration techniques for game art content including 2d art, 3d modelling, surfacing, lighting, and a passion for utilizing the best techniques available to get the job done.
- Work closely with the Art Director to support the definition of the art style (in- game) and quality benchmarks for Art on the project you are assigned to.
- Creation of high- quality 2d & 3d Art, in the required style for your project.
- Support artists on your project to deliver Art to the required levels of quality and efficiency.
- Support & Lead the planning for the project ensuring art is delivered according to the needs of the project, to the required technical specifications.
- Partner with all crafts needed to ensure both 2d and 3d Art is delivered to a specification that offers great on- device performance, within the required technical budgets.
- Ensure Art for the project is created and implemented in a way that is tidy, optimized and scalable for the game to become a long standing, live service on a wide array of mobile devices
- Manage a small team of Artists, providing coaching, guidance and support, ensuring they are engaged, empowered and included within their career at King
Skills to Create Thrills
You will bring strong passion, deep knowledge and extensive experience in the field of game art as well as hands on craft excellence across a wide range of styles. You are a craft expert with exemplary communication skills and a natural affinity for working and collaborating with game makers. You have demonstrated success collaborating with Art Directors and mentoring artists to achieve high quality results. You are a champion for the craft of Art within New Games at King.
• Exceptional knowledge and experience with Maya.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with project creative leadership to achieve the required results for art on any given project.
• High quality, hands on, 2d & 3d Art skills.
• A good understanding of the key areas of technical art, workflows, pipelines and optimisation techniques.
• Experience in mentoring and training Artists in both the fundamentals of art as well as the process for realizing the art style, in- game within technical budgets and constraints.
• Experience working with outsourcing art, providing feedback in a highly effective manner
Tasty bonus skills
- Rendering/shading knowledge
- Skills in UI and VFX
- Experience in creating concept art
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience in creating mobile games
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.