Senior QA Specialist
Craft:Technology & Development
We are looking for an experienced Senior QA Specialist with strong testing and organization skills to join the Portfolio Events Tech team in London/Berlin/Malmö.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy, then this is the right job for you. As part of the Portfolio Central Tech team, you will help to produce incredible experiences for our players with the level of high quality that King stands for. The Senior QA Specialist needs to live and breathe quality, and you will be part of a creative, challenging and agile environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your agile testing expertise. Your role is embedded in an agile team and focuses on testing of technology that enables events in our games.
- You are the main point of contact regarding testing best practices and testing related matters for the team
- Promote good QA practices, for example exploratory and agile testing, test automation and risk based testing
- Coach the team members about quality assistance
- Mentor and lead the team in test design decisions to help the team deliver a quality end product.
- Assist the teams with test strategy, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation, test reporting and improving the bug process
- You plan all testing activities, internally within the team and with external regression teams
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases for your team
- Identify and communicate risks that are or have potential to affect other teams in relation to the overall quality of our products
- Understand how the games integrate with King tech products
- Coordinate with other tech teams and game teams when integrating and testing key features
- Be active in the continuous improvement of QA processes at King
- Collaborate with other QA teams across King when needed
Skills to create thrills
- Experience in working with mobile, tools and middleware QA
- Great understanding of exploratory testing, and different test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Inspire and coach your colleagues to ensure quality standards are being applied throughout the SDLC
- Awareness of test automation frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools
- Experience with TestRail or other similar test management tools
- Ability to create strong working relationships with team members
- Comfortable both advising larger testing efforts and getting hands on yourself
- Experience of working in the gaming industry
- Experience of working with events in other mobile games
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.