Senior Analyst, Studio Operations and Planning
We are versatile, flexible and strategic hustlers passionate about content and creative talents. We take pride in proactively identifying opportunities to help our creative talents to do their best work and championing studio initiatives in the dynamic world of gaming.
The Studio Operations and Planning team is a part of the broader Call of Duty Development (incl. studios, production management, publishing ops, studio operations and planning) and works closely with Activision COO, Head of Development and Head of COD Operations.
The Studio Operations and Planning team is responsible for overseeing the operational and strategic aspects (studio dev resourcing management, investment, studio expansion, planning, etc) for all Activision studios (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledge Hammer, High Moon Studios, Raven, Beenox, Toys for Bob, Shanghai Studio, Demonware). Among other things, the Studio Operations Team also manages the organizational events such as game Green Light process, operational governance reviews, and Special Projects etc. The team collaborates with a wide range of functions across Activision Publishing functions and studios to develop operational processes/strategies and streamline information exchange, drive efficiency and creative visibility to support our world- class games and drive studio business goals.
Senior Analyst, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiative
The Senior Analyst, Studio Operations and Strategic Initiatives will play a pivotal role in working with Activision’s 9 world- class game studios and will report to the Senior Manager, Studio Operations and Strategic Planning. The role will focus on studios’ resource planning, operational excellence, rhythm of business coordination, business reviews, and other key projects. The role will also support Head of Call of Duty Operations in developing business strategies, competitive analysis, and project managing strategic initiatives for studios
You will partner with our studios as well as our central studios organization to develop studio strategies around operational and resourcing issues, build the analytical support and documentation to align key stakeholders across the organization on the recommended path forward, and drive the execution of those strategies across multiple stakeholder groups within the organization. We are looking for self- starters who can work in a rapidly changing gaming industry, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem- solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Own the operationalization of a monthly process (incl. the use of power BI tool, dashboard building using Tableau and Smartsheet) to report/track long- range (3 year) studio resource planning and build ad- hoc analysis
- Own cross studio HC movement in the system, escalation process and HC approval process
- Own analysis to support strategic recommendation on resourcing (e.g., hire vs. no hire, best dev practice in the system, optimal teaming, outsourcing, best practice alignment, studio expansion)
- Partner with Finance to proactively monitor budgets
- Support Mgr. to run resource planning for all nine Activision studios and interface with various levels of management across studios
- Support and start to lead cross- functional projects to develop strategic recommendations for Activision Executive Leadership Team on key investment decisions (international studio expansion, external dev resourcing, cutting- edge motion capture technology) the studios organization needs to make
- Develop an analytical culture using historical and current operational data to drive predictive analytics for the studios
- Taking on individual projects as required by the business. For example: improving reporting, and forecasting to provide transparency into the business for other stakeholders, and drive recommendations with analytical rigor
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 2 years in top management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or finance function
- Excellent skill in excel and Power BI modeling and advanced analytics visualization (e.g., Tableau)
- Demonstrated success in developing new processes and/or improving existing ones
- Proven ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to executive leadership team is a must; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint required
- Interest in driving companies towards operational excellence
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast- paced environment and willingness to operate with reasonable flexibility
- Integrity, excellent judgment, and discretion
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
, Santa Monica
, Santa Monica
, Santa Monica