Corporate & Internal Global Communications Manager
Corporate & Internal Global Communications Manager - Sweden based
We operate on a Team First Hybrid Model, meaning you'll be able to work from home and come into the office (based in Stockholm) in line with your team cadence - we'd love to hear from you if you'd like to discuss this further.
The Communications Manager is part of King’s Corporate and Internal Communications team and is responsible for leading the delivery of internal & corporate communications functions across King’s business.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Global Communications, Corporate & Internal, you will focus on:
- Assisting in the evolution and execution of global communications strategies, programmes and plans to provide outstanding external communications outcomes in King’s priority markets
- Supporting internal communications across all King offices
- Lead on external corporate communications for key markets
- Develop and implement corporate communications programmes for priority markets that support the business’s global communications strategy, and overarching business objectives
- Serve as subject matter expert for comms/ business units in Sweden
- Deliver positive media coverage for King across priority markets
- Handle reactive media requests including crisis and issues
- Provide event speaker event support, developing an external speaking strategy and assisting King employees to deliver the messages at external events
- Create content for external use in Swedish and English
- Support the in- house press office, including monitoring of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist with the monitoring of coverage either print, broadcast or online about the company and about significant activity in their operating businesses particularly across social media
- Manage recording and reporting external communication successes
- Support the development and delivery of King’s internal communications strategy, embracing all channels including events, notices, email, blogs, newsletters and others as required
- Support the delivery of monthly townhalls (Kingdom Calls), support Exec Q&As, and the annual all- hands event (KingfoMarket)
- Represent Internal Communications on agreed internal forums
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills in English and Swedish essential, German, or Spanish a plus
- Experience in developing and delivering corporate communications strategies
- Experience and confidence in dealing with Swedish and international media
- Experience supporting leaders with media and speaking engagements
- Experience in managing PR agencies
- An understanding of the different communications needs and audiences within an organisation and how to respond to those
- Project management skills
- Skilled in Microsoft office packages
- Possess the ability to work effectively and as part of a team in a fast- paced environment
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Extensive experience of working in PR / communications at an agency or alternatively for a well- known brand within the entertainment sector in- house
- Academic qualification in relevant subject area, degree/ diploma preferred
- Professional qualification in Public Relations and/or Internal Communications desirable
- Experience of working within the games/ tech/ entertainment industry
- Experience working in a global context and/ or matrix organization
- Experience working with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Employer Branding
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.