Associate Director - Agile Coach
Craft:Games Design & Production
We are looking for an experienced and talented Associate Director, Agile Coach to join our game teams in Malmo supporting two of our exciting live titles; Bubble Witch 3 Saga and Pet Rescue Saga. Your mission; to continuously improve our efficiency, productivity, and team engagement.
We work to innovate and improve on social casual games that entertain millions of players, and it’s up to the teams to create, design, architect, and build high- quality, fun games. Your role is to make sure the organization and the development process runs efficiently, identify, and clear bottlenecks and drive continuous process improvements that increase the flow of product delivery. You will support leaders and development teams across the two games to deliver against their game plans. You will play a key role in making us become more efficient in delivering our world leading mobile games to our extensive player base.
You will care about and focus on achieving high effectiveness, efficiency, and engagement of the game teams. This includes having tactics at hand to help facilitate custom solutions and better ways of working. You are a systems thinker and care about people; you know how to coach and motivate them and can empower them to deliver in our high performing environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Coach the game leadership team to unlock effective ways of working that create the most exciting, fun, and profitable game
- Partner with the Head of Game and Game Leaders to assess and improve team structure, processes, team health and ways of working
- Motivate teams to strive for higher performance and increase business outcome
- Encouraging healthy, open, and positive communications, including strong and safe feedback culture
- Lead initiatives to measurably improve ways of working, production processes, and product flow effectiveness.
- Apply organizational structure and development practices to deliver sustainable continuous improvement for both game teams.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and enable the team to look for efficiencies, shift their mindset and evolve the way they operate as individuals, in teams and as leads.
- Identify and learn from best practices in the wider King organization.
- Lead and facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, offsites, etc.
- Coach group dynamics and collaboration while encouraging strategic focus time.
- Work with Game Leaders and HR on conflict resolution, change management, engagement, and development.
Skills to create thrills
- Extensive experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience of coaching leaders and teams with the ability to ask powerful questions to generate both insight and action towards improvement
- Ability to use insights in applying agile philosophies, extending influence onto teams and partner roles such as producers, product owners, and immediate stakeholders.
- Ability to work with high levels of complexity and scope when facilitating larger and broader audiences
- Ability to move from high level overview down to fixing details
- Solid facilitation skills with the ability to work across diverse perspectives.
- Experience in successful delivery of continuous improvement initiatives and leading organizational change.
- Knowledge of product development Lean and Agile principles and mindset.
- Proven ability to champion and sustain a culture of learning and feedback.
- Passion to create a great place to work for everyone around you.
- Good understanding of the game/product development process.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Games Design & Production, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Malmö,Stockholm
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Barcelona,London,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Barcelona,London,Stockholm
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Barcelona,London,Stockholm