Senior Product Director | Candy Crush Saga
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Candy Crush Saga is looking for a Senior Product Director who will deliver amazing value to our players, our product and our business.
As a Senior Product Director, you will be leading one or more cross- functional teams within an area of CCS, with the mandate to deliver high- quality impactful experiences to our players. You’ll ensure that your Area’s work is aligned with CCS’s overall strategy and long- term vision, and you’ll collaborate with other leaders within your area to ensure a cohesive overall product.
Your role within the Kingdom
The Product Directors will help to create and sustain a collaborative environment within and between teams in Candy, and with partner teams across King.
The primary purpose of the Senior Product Director role is to enable high- impact, purpose- driven results for the product, the players, the team, and the business. This role reports to the Head of Saga Features.
- Swiftly ensure the area has a vision, strategy and roadmap in coherence with Candy’s overall strategy
- Coordination and collaboration of strategy and roadmap with other Product Directors and key stakeholders
- Full accountability for the performance of the your teams and metrics related to it
- Communicate changes, align and provide feedback on progress and results within Candy and to other stakeholders as needed
- Ensuring quality standards are being applied and balancing timely deliveries with a long term perspective of the product
- Build and lead a strong team with the necessary competencies and processes to own the end- to- end delivery of value
- Establish impactful activities within the area such as ways of working, prioritisation, decision- making, planning, estimation and good collaboration within the team and with other areas
- Create a working environment that enables Area members’ growth, and coach, support and challenge leaders inside and outside the Area to contribute to this
Skills to create thrills:
You have the vision and ability to see the bigger picture, and translate it into innovative initiatives. As a manager, you know how to develop, lead and inspire a highly- skilled team. Other skills include:
- Able to lead multiple cross- functional teams and be a “leader of leads”
- Strong product and business performance knowledge
- Able to take ownership of both business impact and team engagement
- Understanding of production processes and ability to drive delivery
- Able to assess headcount needs and provide business cases and staffing prioritisation
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Able to establish impactful processes and ways of working for a highly functional org
- Able to create a positive, evolving team culture and environment to support engagement, ownership, and accountability
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.