Producer - Candy Crush Saga
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Do you want to help set the new gold standard for best- in- class match- 3 games?
Candy Crush Saga is one of the biggest games in the world, entertaining millions of players every day, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about making it even bigger and better. Working in a talented cross- functional team, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of new and exciting experiences for our players.
We’re currently looking for a Producer to join the Candy Crush team in Stockholm, Barcelona, Berlin or London. You will bring an excellent track record of leading, motivating and supporting game teams, as well as developing and managing the production schedule to ensure the successful delivery of multiple game projects.
You will collaborate with the Area Lead and creative and business leaders to deliver on project goals in line with King’s high standards. You will be a role model for your team and the company. You’ll champion our values and lead by example with your mindset of collaboration, rapid iteration and continuous improvement.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom:
- Work with the Candy Crush Saga (CCS) leads to understand and champion the game vision and performance goals, quality expectations, and backlog
- Partner with Area Leads to ensure full understanding of production requirements and constraints, in order to support the team to deliver the right quality experience in a predictable and efficient timeline
- Create and maintain the production plan in partnership with the team and leads, then work with the team to execute on it
- Track progress throughout production to learn and adjust in order to successfully deliver on expectations
- Provide production overview and status to stakeholders and leads
- Align the team around clear and motivating goals that are connected to the game strategy and lead and support them to deliver quality features and content
- Coordinate and align backlogs with Product Owners and manage production dependencies
- Lead the game team to proactively identify and mitigate known and emerging problems and risks and promote team- wide visibility.
- Drive and coordinate the team to deliver ongoing maintenance activities (ex: bug fixing, ad hoc requests, releases)
- Identify and plan for opportunities for short- term and long- term efficiency improvements
- Identify and engage collaborators, both internal and external to the CCS team, at the right times throughout production
- Ensure Roadmaps are correctly resourced in alignment with your Area Lead, the current priorities and CCS goals
- Support Area Lead in identifying and resolving staffing needs
- Overall responsibility for all Roadmap features from kick- off to release
- Manage and support other producers in their career development, setting and achieving their goals and closing knowledge gaps
- Ensure your team is healthy, motivated and high performing
- Encourage and support a positive, creative, feedback- focused culture in your teams and help identify and resolve morale or engagement issues
- Provide support, input and feedback towards individuals’ performance and growth
- Collaborate with other Producers on the improvement of your craft
Skills to Create Thrills:
- Have contributed to the development, release and/or service operations of at least one mobile game or live mobile digital product
- Experience in leading multiple teams in aligning to and executing against product vision and goals
- Able to work in and foster a team culture of trust and respect, where open feedback, accountability, and courage to fail fast and learn are the norm
- Able to receive feedback openly and adjust leadership style and way of working
- Demonstrated analytical and data- informed decision making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for games
Tasty Bonus Points:
- Experience in game development crafts such as art, game design, engineering, QA/QC
- Experience working with outsourcing or distributed teams/development
- Experience working in game- as- a- service environment, being able to balance live services as well as game development activities
- Experience with line management and talent development
- Hands on experience with project tracking tools (eg. Jira)
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.