Senior Security Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate system security / information security engineer to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Security Engineering team. If you are an avid gamer with a security and systems engineering background, come be a part of our team. The Senior Security Engineer will support ABK Security Eng and other business partner teams to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding information security systems, infrastructure, and tools. This role reports into the Senior Manager, Engineering and maintains strong relationships with all line- of- business technology groups. You will work closely with several key individuals and teams and will be part of a dedicated team of security engineers and architects who demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security across our enterprise. Qualified candidates will have a background in IT, computer, security systems analysis or engineering.
Priorities can often change in a fast- paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design of information security and operational support systems
- Engineer, implement, configure, manage, and troubleshoot security tools and infrastructure
- Act as an escalation point for security systems and hardware problems
- Develop technical solutions, new security tools/scripts to automate repeatable tasks
- Inform system security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Participate in out of hours on- call as required
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment- based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Ability to effect change through a position of inspiration
- Proven work experience as a system engineer or information security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of operating systems and database security
- Hands- on experience with log collection, normalizing, and management; security infrastructure and policies; and risk mitigation
- Serve as the technical SME on project work
- Mentor other team members through technical challenges
- Experience with network technologies, security, and monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Ability to problem solve independently and collaborate as a team to solve complex problems in support of the team’s mission
- Proven experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows and/or UNIX/Linux based environments
- Knowledge of industry standard methodologies for foundational security elements including network devices and system- level hardening
- Experience leading technical projects
- Knowledge of Cloud Services like Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of containerization software: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Python, Perl
- Knowledge of Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) products.
- Knowledge of Devops
- Experience working within Agile frameworks/teams
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.