Data Scientist - Catalog Games
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
We are looking for a dedicated and creative Data Scientist interested in building, defining and pushing the boundaries of game analytics for the Ads Experimentation team in Catalog Games!
You’ll have a shown ability to apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, in order to generate value for the product you’re working on. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
Role and responsibilities
In the role as Data Scientist, you will work closely with game designers and product teams to scope and design tests to identify potential opportunities for the in- game Advertising business. You'll have a specific focus on supply- side features, primarily dedicated to enhancing player engagement with rewarded video ads. You will also work closely with other Data Scientists across the business to leverage insights from one game across multiple games.
As well as being a communicative role, you will also design, monitor, analyze and present results for A/B tests, and proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to help the business evolve and seize new opportunities.
· Provide a business analytical perspective to discussions and help to drive the priorities within your game
· Be self- motivated to learn and support the technical development of the team, and help evolve the methodology and tools available to King’s data science community.
· Communicate, visualise and report your findings in a clear and unambiguous way to people with diverse degrees of numerical proficiency.
· Ensure that the data required to understand how our players interact with the game is available and reliable.
· Be able to systematically break complex and abstract problems into solvable questions.
Skills to create thrills
· Business Insight; The ability to identify the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the most appropriate data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
· Stakeholder Management; The ability to recognize dependencies, form relationships and influence others
· Designing good ways of presenting, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
· SQL: The ability to write efficient SQL queries to extract relevant data from our databases with 300+ million players
· Analytical coding: Using tools such as R or Python for analytical purposes
· Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques.
· Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (e.g., BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop)
· Proven hands- on knowledge of randomized controlled trials (ex: social science research, medical research, biostatistics, policy research etc.) or digital A/B testing and online controlled experiments.
Tasty bonus skills
· Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design, and game theory.
· Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
· Experience in the games industry and in- game advertising business.
· Familiar with collaborative programming (git is a must) and highly skilled in R or Python
· Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
· Standard reporting tools such as Looker/Tableau/etc.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.