Live Marketing Specialist - Portfolio
If you love video- games of all types, have direct experience with CRM, the consistent track record to lead large scale strategic marketing projects from concept to execution, and report on key important metrics, then this is the job for you!
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about creativity and gaming to join our Live Marketing team, delivering engaging experiences to our players. In Live Marketing you will have the opportunity to change the game for players every day, and we do it by cherishing innovation, ideas and fast execution to deliver experiences that truly matter for our players.
As a CRM & Live Marketing Specialist you will help develop and lead marketable and personalised experiences for millions of King players around the world. You’ll work closely with cross- functional teams to drive creative and meaningful content that enlighten our players and drive strong impact to the business. You will be key in driving new and exciting ways to continuously evolve how we deliver and engage our players. A successful candidate will be a highly organised self- starter with tight- knit collaboration, communication, and operational skills, and a highly developed understanding of what our players want.
Working closely with the CRM & Live Marketing Manager to help develop & handle multi- channel content for all CRM & promotional activities for the in- game events across King titles.
Brief King’s marketing agency on marketing campaign strategies and help manage the development of creative templates and copy for in- game communications.
Operating and supervising multi- channel CRM & in game promotional campaigns.
Work with both Game and Marketing Analytics teams to ensure that campaigns are measured accurately & successfully, run A/B testing and experimentation, and have ability to extract insights from data to continually optimise our promotional strategy.
Implement the campaigns on the owned channels side (push notifications, in- game pop- ups, and emails)
Collaborating and project handling with multiple team members to build outstanding content.
Report CRM activities, results, and findings to various team members within marketing and game studios
Develop a high level of proficiency with our CRM and analytics tools
Look for opportunities for automation
Support the marketing team in new concept generation, prioritization and test planning
Report on KPI metrics, such as monetization, engagement, and reach.
The position reports into the Live Marketing Manager in London.
Skills to Create Thrills
You find all aspects of marketing fascinating and fully understand how all the different pillars of marketing can work together to deliver an outstanding experience to our players. You are highly creative but also enjoy using a mix of strategy, intuition and data analysis in your day- to- day work.
You’ll have an appreciation of what content works well with your players and how the quality of content and accurate targeting can help increase the playing experience and build dedication. You are player centric and think first through the eyes of the players you are connecting with.
• +3 year of meaningful work experience using CRM campaign management tools (Braze recommended)
• Strong project management skills, including knowledge of Agile ands Scrum methodologies
• Knowledge of Looker or similar reporting tool, as well as an understanding of what makes good data visualization
• Highly analytical, with experience of data decision making,
• Solid understanding or enthusiasm for the games industry,
• A passion for mobile games,
• Consistent track record of handling impactful marketing campaigns (be prepared to share some case studies with us),
• Excellent English writing, editing and communication skills,
• You are a true great teammate but have the ability to work independently.
• Exceptional attention to detail as results are shared with key team members.
• A great communicator, with good presenting skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across different levels.
This role is based in our London office, but some travel may be required
• Cultural: You will be inquisitive, hard- working, low- ego and able to work in a fast- based business environment.
• Industry: You will have experience of working within a consumer internet business with a substantial customer base, and broad set of products or services.
• Functional: You will have CRM expertise with in- depth knowledge in at least one of our key channels (e- mail, mobile push, and in- game messaging).
• Highly numerate: You will be very comfortable evaluating and optimizing campaigns in a quantitatively robust manner. You will know how to maximise test and learn approaches to your campaigns.
• International experience: King is a very international business (there are Candy Crush Saga players in Antarctica!) - so candidates with strong international experience are desirable.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.