Senior Full Stack Developer
Craft:Technology & Development
Engineering System & Support (ESS) is a Team that provides, through the Game Development Platform (GDP), services to help teams to deliver products. Repositories (Code/Binaries), Builds environment (CI/CD), Code Quality/Review tools and Mobile Store Management are part of the products' platform. Services are delivered using a stack that connects configuration management, tools integrations and infrastructure technologies.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
As a Full Stack Developer on the ESS team, you will be involved in the development and maintenance of our Mobile App Store, your work will impact hundreds of developers at King and will be a foundation for making stable games for billions of players around the world.
You should have great communication skills, as you will work closely with people from different crafts to create the best possible products.
Self- Driving attitude combined with the hunger for improvements and seeking for challenges is a key part of that role.
Skills To Create Thrills
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience within a software engineering related field.
- Front end and back end full stack development experience.
- Proficiency in modern server- side Java development.
- Experience in development of the client side using modern tools like TypeScript, React, Angular,
- Webpack along with best practices for CSS and HTML5.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Experience using Git or other version control systems.
- Focus on writing high quality code that is easy to maintain and read by others.
- Excellent communicator in English.
- A great teammate able to work effectively with people across different locations
- Support attitude for Developer Teams
- General security awareness
- Structured and good at prioritizing
- Problem solver
- Dedicated and keen to learn
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Practical experience with Cloud technologies: Preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in designing and implementing RPC protocols.
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL.
- Knowledge of Linux systems from the perspective of server- side development (DevOps).
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Technology & Development, Stockholm
Technology & Development, New York,San Francisco
Technology & Development, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Stockholm