Vice President, Product, Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the advertising business of Activision Blizzard. We work to connect advertisers and agencies with hundreds of millions of monthly active users, offering easy and impactful ways to engage them and drive real business outcomes. We are building a comprehensive ads monetization solution that enables our game publishers to maximize long- term player value.
We are looking for an experienced, strategic and collaborative leader to own our product vision, strategy and roadmap for advertising, as well as grow our product management function and capabilities. You will partner with game studios and our commercial teams to identify new scalable opportunities across ad formats and platform capabilities to grow advertising monetization within our games, with the potential to extend these capabilities from existing King titles to new games across the ABK portfolio and beyond. You will champion new and existing ad products across studios and build strong partnerships across various stakeholders to drive
successful adoption and implementation, while delivering impactful products and features in support of our revenue growth ambitions.
Game Changer - Your role:
● Establish Activision Blizzard Media as the leader in in- game advertising for advertisers and as the preferred advertising provider for game studios on mobile, with the opportunity to expand to additional platforms
● Articulate our advertising product and platform vision. Define, develop and execute against ABM’s product strategy, including ad formats for direct sales and indirect demand partners, demand tooling and mediation, supply side tooling, data and decisioning, as well as the ABM SDK
● Articulate and communicate product strategy, roadmaps and priorities. Drive alignment with key stakeholders, including commercial and R&D teams, game studios and King shared tech leadership
● Build and promote cases for investments in new product areas/features, anticipating future game studio and advertiser needs, as well as industry trends. Identify opportunities for partnering with third- parties and manage the overall ads product portfolio to ensure that ABM invests in areas that drive competitive advantage
● Develop a strong partnership with engineering on prioritization, resourcing and planning and ensure an agile and high quality product management and delivery process. Partner with the partner success team to drive adoption of key ad platform products and ensure alignment with customers on their roadmaps and requirements
● Reporting to ABM’s General Manager, you will build, inspire and lead a team of product managers, product analysts and UX designers. Grow the organizational capabilities and processes to achieve our vision and strategic objectives
Player Profile - Skills to create thrills:
● 12+ years of product leadership experience in advertising
● Deep experience with the mobile and programmatic ad tech ecosystem (buy and sell- side). Experience with advertising products for direct sales is a plus
● Experience managing a platform product within a large gaming, or media & entertainment enterprise
● Deep industry knowledge of digital entertainment platforms and technologies.
● Understanding free- to- play business models including virtual economies and in- game advertising is a plus
● Demonstrated track record in creating, owning and executing a product strategy for a complex product portfolio, with ownership of product lifecycle management.
● Strong evidence of diverse stakeholder alignment at senior leadership levels and experience balancing the needs of competing business drivers
● Experience leading diverse product organizations, with strong hiring, team- building and mentoring skills
● BA/BS degree in a relevant subject area, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
We LOVE hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry.
Not sure you meet all the qualifications?
Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under- represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do!
At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com