Head of Trade Marketing & Industry Partnerships
The Head of Trade Marketing & Industry Partnerships is responsible for growing Activision Blizzard Media’s presence in the advertising industry through strategic industry marketing campaigns, partnerships, thought leadership and speaking opportunities to help position Activision Blizzard Media as a ‘must- buy’ for brands.
Reporting into the Head of Global Industry Marketing & Communications, this role will lead Activision Blizzard Media’s trade marketing strategy, bringing Activision Blizzard Media’s thought leadership program to life through industry marketing campaigns and partnerships targeted at marketing, brand and advertising industry leaders.
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
- Project manage Activision Blizzard Media’s trade marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution, to grow the brand’s presence in the advertising and marketing industry.
- Develop and own Activision Blizzard Media’s speaking appearances calendar, managing logistics and identifying new opportunities across tentpole industry events and thought leadership activations.
- Manage all industry partnerships, acting as the primary contact for Activision Blizzard Media to maximize benefits and grow relationships within the industry.
- Manage all sponsorships inclusive of industry event sponsorships and paid thought leadership media campaigns with key trade media.
- Develop and shape the story and messaging for research- led projects and speaking appearances in partnership with the Content Marketing Lead.
- Maintain trade marketing calendar and track success and ROI of all campaigns and activations.
Skills to create thrills
- 12+ years of experience developing trade marketing campaigns for a B2B audience, bonus for advertising or marketing industry experience
- Excellent project management skills including experience managing multiple cross- functional projects and timelines concurrently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with experience managing a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, and working cross- functionally in a fast- paced, high growth organization
- Strong storytelling skills, with ability to identify key themes and selling points and tailor these for a specific target audience
- Strong writing and editing skills, with experience distilling complex ideas into easy- to- understand and engaging copy
- Strong understanding of budgets and finance process, with experience maintaining budgets across multiple projects
- Ability to creatively problem- solve and work under short deadlines
- Knowledge of and interest in advertising, marketing and gaming industries
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com