Senior Analyst, Market Data and Reporting (Temporary)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary contract role intended to last 3 - 6 months.
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world- class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
As a Senior Analyst, Market Data and Reporting you will play a key, active role on a high caliber broader insights team uniting market, audience, and player insights to advise our products and business. In this role, you will be tasked with running our internal database of competitor data, updating and refreshing the data while finding ways to streamline reporting via dashboards or other solutions. Additionally, you will help the team improve on reporting via automation, and may be brought in as support for key reports and strategic projects.
If you bring both a strong analytical approach and a familiarity with the gaming industry and competitor titles, if you are comfortable leading multiple data sources and flows, and have implemented data solutions in the past. we'd love to hear from you!
Priorities can often change in a fast- paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and understand trends and market forecasts in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models relevant to Activision Publishing
- Own company databases, comfortably maintaining and loading in new data, and facilitating and enabling other business users to self- support their data needs
- Support a consolidated market forecast, handling and improving multiple data models incorporating information from market to assemble changes in the industry across all platforms
- Develop reporting templates or dashboards to support faster data queries and to streamline global data reporting
- Work with various data teams to identify other opportunities to improve our data reporting
- Build documentation for dashboards and databases to ensure accurate mapping of data coverage and gaps, as well as onboarding materials
- BA or BS (pre- MBA) with 2+ years of work experience, ideally with some combination of experience in data governance, reporting, and/or data visualization.
- Curiosity about gaming space, you care about games and understand the competitive landscape
- Outstanding quantitative skills and data optimization/visualization acumen
- Sophisticated proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel with shown modeling experience and in synthesizing data for an executive audience
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of partners
- Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology with the ability to learn sophisticated industry topics quickly
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com