Senior Manager, Research Operations
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Are you passionate about Players? Do you want to build a research practice that champions the player perspective in the game production process and company strategy? Are you excited by exploring the latest research tools in a role with a lot of variety on a fantastic tight- knit team?
We are looking for an experienced research operations professional who also has a stellar people management record. We want King research to be delivered to a world- class standard, ethically, and in compliance with government regulations.
You will work within the Player Initiatives team building and maintaining research practices, implementing and overseeing research tools, working with vendors and agencies to help scale our research operations offering. You will work with researchers, designers - but also other UX specialists, business managers, data scientists, and developers, to connect them to our players.
Your role within our Kingdom
As part of the Research Operations remit within the Player Initiatives team, you will manage the Research Operations team and drive it forward to help researchers plan, design and carry out research studies across multiple stakeholders. Ultimately, we want the player perspective to be heard and acted upon in the King game design process to help us create unforgettable games that delight players around the world.
This role reports to the Director of VIP and Product and is based in London, Barcelona or Stockholm.
- Manage the Player Research Operations team around clear and motivating goals that are connected to the team and department strategy, lead, provide feedback and support to deliver the best- in- class player and stakeholder experience
- Help select and implement the best research methods to answer questions, collate player feedback, and translate data into insights
- Elevate existing processes, tooling, and research operations skills to a gold (excellent!) standard
- Support research projects through recruitment, managing player experience, coordinating logistics, as well as organizing research insights
- Support the central research tooling area, including procurement for existing and new research or knowledge management tools
- Amplify the value and impact of King’s research practices by partnering with stakeholders across departments
- Willingness to go "off script" to help teams with challenging constraints
- Contribute to company- wide research strategy
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working in operations within a research or analytics environment
- Experience with people management, and leading teams
- Experience in user research with a good understanding of product development
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, delivering in a fast- paced environment, whilst maintaining a calm and friendly approach
- Experience working with research tools and platforms including moderated and unmoderated usability testing, playtesting, surveys, knowledge management
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Non- hierarchical mindset
- Agile and proactive
- A passion for players
- Individual, but team player
- Strong communication and excellent critical thinking skills
- Gaming sector experience
- A strategic, collaborative individual who puts player centricity at the center of their thinking
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Barcelona,Berlin,Stockholm
Data, Analytics & Strategy, New York
Customer & Game Support, London,Stockholm