Principal Previsualisation Artist - New Games
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a talented and multi- skilled Lead Pre- Visualisation Artist with a passion for games and story- telling. In this role, you will be embedded in an emergent department in the New Games business collaborating with both the games team and key Marketing partners.
With a great eye for visualisation and motion as well as an understanding of game design mechanics, you’ll be helping teams capture their ideas and product vision, demonstrating creative and innovative solutions through pre- vis (3d & 2d) and motion design. You’ll also be key in driving User Acquisition through incredible video content that expands and sells the worlds we are building in our future and current franchises.
If you are a multidisciplinary artist with the drive to push forward the art and technology of interactive storytelling then we want to talk to you!
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Lead Pre- Visualisation Artist, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills.
• Advanced skills in pre- visualisation, animation (motion design), and pre- rendered special effects
• Demonstrable experience of visual storytelling, including layout, composition, cinematography and staging
• Thorough knowledge of Maya is essential, you will have experience in modelling and texturing 3d content as well as basic character animation
• Deep knowledge of digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing software (After Effects, Premier etc)
• An excellent eye for detail
• An in- depth understanding of all fundamental graphic design principles
• Versatility with a dedicated, autonomous and skilled approach to game and visual design challenges
• An expert in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate your ideas
• Strong listening and interpretation skills, with an ability to decipher game designs and how to visualise them effectively
• A creative leader with strong communication skills (verbal and written) you have the ability to confidently present ideas and concepts to groups of people as well as teaching new skills to other artists
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to self- organise well, plan effectively and work autonomously
• A basic understanding of the technical requirements of a game
• An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
• An interest in player behaviour, user experience and interaction design
• Knowledge of real- time VFX
• An understanding of Photography
• Experience with Unity and Unreal
You are a creative leader with a passion and drive for pre- visualisation. You have demonstrable knowledge of creating high quality, dynamic and effective pre- vis, game mock- ups and motion design.
Work closely with Art Directors and other creative leaders to support projects with pre- vis as required. This may include things such as;
- Supporting senior creatives by participating in early game ideation and brainstorming
- Creation of animatics and (or ripomatics) to visualise game design ideas
- Create motion graphics sequences for game projects as required
- Creation of video/motion productions to show the creative ‘idea & flow’ of a game project and/or feature
Work closely with Art and Marketing Leadership to create and direct world class UA Content. This may include things such as;
- Supporting marketing creatives by participating in campaign/testing ideation and brainstorming
- Creation of animatics o Create of Pitch Vis quality CG
- Directing key partners to hit internal quality and style benchmarks
Working with art leadership to champion the craft of pre- vis in Kings creative process, ensuring the its use adds value in terms of quality and production efficiency. This may include being involved in;
- On- site work in studios
- Setting visual benchmarks for game projects
- Team presentations and workshops
- Training sessions
Work with Technical Art Group to deliver on R&D where appropriate including
- Testing of relevant tools
- Setting visual targets
- Refining motion graphics techniques and pipelines
- Providing input into tools and shaders in development as require
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.