Senior UX Researcher - Candy Crush Saga
Craft:UX & UI
Are you someone who puts the user first? Do you want to advocate for the user perspective by delivering impactful insights that help inform the product strategy of our game? Are you interested in understanding our users from all across the world with the use of both qualitative and quantitative research methods?
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher for the Candy Crush Saga team to join us and demonstrate their mastery of UX Research to create amazing experiences. If you feel this is you, then we'd love for you to apply!
Your role within King
If you are passionate about driving user centric ways of working and delivering insights to help teams create experiences that delight millions of players, then this is the ideal role for you.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead all phases of research and deliver compelling study findings with concrete insights for teams in the form of workshops, written reports and presentations.
- Partner with product team members (including UX specialists, Product Managers and Designers) to build research plans based on team goals and priorities.
- Form a close bond with the Analytics team and work closely with Data Scientists to track metrics and understand our player behaviour through our data.
- Apply your research skills to identify users needs, pain points and opportunities and help guide teams into making informed user- centric decisions.
- Help to define who our players are through segmentation modelling and persona development.
- Collaborate with Designers (Game, UI, Level, Economy, Narrative, UX Designers and Writers) to create and uphold the UX vision for the game.
- Help promote a culture of research with the wider Candy Crush Saga product team.
- Be part of the Design Thinking process.
- Embracing a healthy feedback culture; we encourage our UX Researchers to give and receive constructive feedback as we strive to make even better products together.
- Relevant Senior level experience or extensive mid level experience as a UX Researcher.
- Expert in qualitative and quantitative research methods and user behaviour analysis.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, delivering in a fast- paced business environment, whilst maintaining our King value of being fun & friendly.
- Understanding of Agile software development and its processes.
- Experience in taking ownership of leading research projects.
- Experience facilitating in- person and/or remote lab studies such as focus groups and interviews.
- Experience facilitating workshops with cross- functional teams.
- Experience with guidance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with a variety of research design software and tools. Expert in maintenance and analysis of complex data.
- Extensive knowledge in Human- Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related fields, from industry experience or academic background.
Bonus (Nice to haves)
- Mobile game development experience.
- Passionate about games and relevant game industry experience.
- Experience with Accessibility and Inclusion in your research initiatives.
Candy Crush Saga UX Organisation
We pride ourselves on the fact that our UX organisation is one of the largest in the game industry. Our organisation has strong female representation and we are constantly striving to make our teams as diverse and inclusive as possible. We work from 4 different locations (London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Berlin) and adopt a hybrid working model embracing online and in person styles of working. Our main locations are equipped with research facilities.
Our UX organisation consists of 3 major crafts - UX Research, UX Writing and UX Design which allows for close collaboration across the UX disciplines.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.