EMEA Employment Compliance Team Lead
Craft:HR & Business Support
Job Title: EMEA Employment Compliance Team Lead
Reporting To: Employment Compliance Manager (Candidate Experience)
Department: People Experience (Human Resources)
Location: Soho, London, UK
The Employment Compliance team in Candidate Experience is responsible for Activision Blizzard’s background screening program. The team’s current focus is on the US operations of all Activision Blizzard business units, however this position will expand our program offering to include operations within EMEA
The EMEA Employment Compliance Team Lead is responsible for leading on the implementation and subsequent day- to- day management of our background screening program in EMEA. The program will encompass the vetting of candidates, both internal and external, to ensure that candidates who will be newly hired, promoted, or transferred meet the requirements for employment at Activision. Candidate vetting includes collecting and validating information provided by applicants, using investigative research methodologies to supplement candidate information, partnering with an external background screening vendor to ensure the timely completion of background screenings, and making escalation decisions and recommendations to ensure timely and accurate hire approval or decline decisions. You’ll be entrusted with screening individuals at all levels, including those whose roles require heightened trust and security (“Positions of Trust”) (Executive level)
- Fraud compliance review of employment applications, information provided by applicants for employment purposes, and resumes for consistency in representation
- Work with other departments, including senior managers and legal counsel, to ensure process compliance
- Research common social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Research using search engines (e.g., Google)
- Confirm and validate candidate information, as needed
- Document results of findings and communicate recommendations to the program manager and other leadership
- Work with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources teams to assist with resolving discrepancies
- Produce daily performance reports and provide regular progress reports to management
- Track errors identified during the background screening process
- Manage the escalation process of issues that arise
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferably a CIPD Level 5 holder, with professional HR experience gained in an international organisation.
- Prior experience managing or involvement in the pre- employment screening process in an international organisation for EMEA strongly preferred
- Ability to work to schedules, self- direct focus, and prioritise tasks effectively and with maximum possible efficiency; (experience in production environment a plus as significant and unexpected increases in workload volume can occur throughout the year)
- Able to demonstrate previous people leadership skills and experience.
- Coordinates and delegates daily team workload; assess for completion and is the first point of contact for team member questions
- Relied upon by Management to assist partners in other departments with daily operations- based inquiries
- Assists Management with vendor billing and budget monitoring
- Regularly demonstrates creativity and success in problem solving with regards to process changes and team member requests
- Anticipates operational problems and takes initiative to propose solutions to Management
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to professional development
- Proficiency with Workday Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experienced in successfully leading/project managing a system and/or process implementation across multiple countries from end to end.
- Periodically assumes Project Manager role on Compliance- related projects as advised by Management, collaborating with key partners in other departments and outside the Company
- Excellent research skills (investigative ER research experience a plus)
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong familiarity with the internet and Boolean searches
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, and in- person) and the ability to communicate across multiple team member levels (to candidates, recruiters, and leadership)
- Comfortable with conducting candidate interviews on sensitive/ confidential subjects to include criminal record history, etc.
- High discretion and judgement skill is a must, especially when handling sensitive/ confidential information; ability to follow basic Information Security processes and protocols
The Employment Compliance team is cross- enterprise, and this role will regularly collaborate with employees across Activision Blizzard, Blizzard Entertainment, and King Digital Entertainment
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience happiness, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our culture and ensures we can build games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
HR & Business Support, London
HR & Business Support, London
HR & Business Support, Barcelona,London,Stockholm
UX & UI, London,Stockholm