Senior Creative Marketing Manager
We are looking for an exceptional creative marketeer who has proven experience developing world- class, culturally potent campaigns and driving marketing innovation. You’ll bring flair, raise the bar creatively and bring customer- centric thinking to develop effective communications that drive long- term growth.
We’re looking for an excellent team player who can lead by example and work collaboratively across departments. You will be able to lead campaign teams working closely with channel partners spanning: Product Marketing, Media, CRM, PM, Social and PR to develop integrated ideas that deliver growth for King.
In the Creative Marketing team we are champions of creativity and innovation. Our mission is to develop and communicate big, bold, culturally- potent creative ideas that will engage our fans and drive business growth. We think big, whilst obsessing over the details, in order to get to the best possible creative solution. And we do it with bags of energy, ideas and enthusiasm!
This role will be global and span the King gaming portfolio including Candy Crush & new game launches, working within a team of creative marketing specialists.
Shaping and delivering high- profile campaigns with creativity and innovation
- Plan and deliver high impact campaigns and experiences across all consumer touch points, working with teams from across the marcomms organisation to deliver a co- ordinated plan with a clear proposition
- You will manage an Associate Creative Marketing Manager and as well as rolling your sleeves up and getting involved with all aspects of delivery campaigns, you’ll help to promote agility and inspire the team as to what great looks like
- Manage agencies and creative/production partners effectively, bringing knowledge of the evolving media landscape to creative development and crafting strategic, integrated and innovative campaign plans
- Work closely with media and performance teams develop a comms strategy, delivered through the funnel across all paid touchpoints
- Work with all owned and earned channel leads to ensure synergy throughout the campaign planning and execution
- Manage campaign budgets with meticulous attention to detail and forward- planning, working with the Associate Creative Marketing Manager to ensure flawless tracking of budgets across the team
- The ability to drive multiple projects forward at pace and with agility, utilising data to shape the work and make informed decisions
Bringing strategic rigour and an audience- centric mindset to everything we do
- Put the consumer at the heart of everything you do
- Build clear and compelling briefs, translating insights into effective brand and campaign strategies, ensuring we always stay audience and insight- centric
- You will be comfortable with data and show the ability to analyse results and optimise campaigns
- Deep understanding of the commercial impact of creativity on our players and the ability to optimise this, and how that ladders up to the wider business KPIs including clear KPI setting & reporting, effective campaign measurement, analysis of brand and market performance
Be an innovator and champion of creativity within the marketing organisation
- Set a culture of creativity and innovation within the team, bringing in inspiration from the broader market to ‘lift the bar’ and set ambitious benchmarks for our creative output
- Bring the mindset to push and not settle, understanding quality and driving this agenda on all campaigns
- A growth mindset is key to thriving in our agile, collaborative culture where we work closely with teams from across the marketing organisation. You should be comfortable with a process that isn't always fixed or linear and thrive in an environment where the process is iterative and collaborative
- Be a ‘driver’ in our business, bringing agile thinking to non- linear campaign planning processes
- Build & maintain strong internal relationships - represent the team’s point of view in a matrix organisation where collaboration is vital, and hold your own in a fast- paced environment that loves to challenge
- You’ll be a champion of our values: fun and friendly, humble and open, fast and fluid, creative champions, care and craft
Skills to create thrills
This role is really going to suit you if you are passionate about creativity, and looking for a role where you can bring your flair and raise the bar creatively. You'll have the chance to lead brand and marketing strategy development and run global campaigns as part of a fast- paced, agile and collaborative team.
- You have great passion for building brands in the digital environment
- Significant experience in a creative marketing and/or agency role with a proven track record in delivering outstanding campaigns with commercial results
- You’ve managed large scale global or multi- regional campaigns that include TV and significant ATL investment
- Expertise within the digital environment is essential, understanding consumer journeys across online products or services
- Great creative and strategic instincts, driven by the desire to make great work, creatively ambitious, and proven experience of working effectively within an organisation to get outstanding creative results
- Experience managing creative/production agencies
- Experience of product or game development in order to understand the processes and flexibility needed to work with teams during upstream development
- You’ll have solid experience of how to use insights effectively to drive creative strategies and taking a player- centric approach to inform creative development
- You’ll be confident in setting up campaign measurement & analysis in order to assess the performance of, and optimise, our campaigns and creative content
- A great communicator, with good presenting skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across different levels. You will be able to hold your own and talk with authority about your speciality
- You are pro- active and positive, with the ability to motivate and empower those around you
- You will be someone who thrives working in an agile, flexible way with experience of managing pivots in projects when needed to reflect changing business needs
- Position is based in London with some travel
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Experience working both agency and client side is a definite bonus
- A strong level of gaming experience, though not a pre- requisite, would be very beneficial. The new games you’ll be marketing will sit both in the casual (e.g. puzzle) and mid- core (e.g. action role play, strategy) categories
- Experience managing projects with talent, influencers or events
- Experience delivering successful campaigns in the US consumer landscape
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Marketing, New York