Principal QA Specialist
We are looking for a Principal QA Specialist with strong testing, leadership and technical skills to join the Farm Heroes Saga team in London.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy, then this is the right job for you. As part of the Farm Heroes Saga team, you will help to produce incredible experiences for our players with the level of high quality that King stands for. The Principal QA Specialist needs to live and breathe quality, and you will be part of a creative, challenging and agile environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your testing expertise. Your role is part of the Farm Heroes Saga leadership team and focuses on leading the QA specialists, setting and evolving the QA strategy and process for the game, and taking an active part in making high quality releases of the game.
• You are the main point of contact for QA and test in Farm Heroes Saga, and part of the leadership team
• You are the line manager for all QA specialists in Farm Heroes Saga
• Build a strong QA mindset across the entire Farm Heroes Saga team
• Set and evolve the QA strategy and processes for the game
• Collaborate with other functions within Farm Heroes Saga to align and integrate QA with development and production processes
• Initiate and drive improvement projects in the QA function together with your team of QA specialists
• Coach and mentor the QA specialists in the team to support them in their growth
• Take an active part in the Release team to support smooth and efficient releases of the game
knowledge and best practices, support each other and help foster a strong QA community at King
• Collaborate with QA Specialists in other games to share
Skills to create thrills
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Experience with setting QA strategies and processes
• Experience with starting, driving and following up on improvement projects
• Experience in working with mobile, tools and middleware QA
• Great understanding of exploratory testing, and different test methodologies and approaches
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Inspire and coach your colleagues to ensure quality standards are being applied throughout the SDLC
• Awareness of test automation frameworks
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools
• Experience with TestRail or other similar test management tools
• Ability to create strong working relationships with team members
• Comfortable both directing larger testing efforts and getting hands on yourself
• Experience of working in the gaming industry
• Experience of working with other casual mobile games
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.