Senior Player Researcher
Craft:Customer & Game Support
Are you passionate about Players? Do you want to champion the player perspective in the game production process and company strategy? Are you experienced in several research methods and interested in a role with a lot of variety on a fantastic tight- knit team?
We are looking for an experienced research and insights professional with a background in qualitative and quantitative user research methods, user behaviour & experience. You will work within the Player Initiatives team, collaborating with various teams across King to ensure tangible and integrated outputs are delivered to ingrain player centricity and inform decision- making in game production.
You will work with business managers, data scientists, UX specialists, game designers and developers, as well as other researchers, to connect them to our players and find answers to product design questions.
Most importantly, your job will be to help King understand who the players are and what would make our players' experiences even better with your toolbox of research methods.
Your role within our Kingdom
As part of the Player Initiatives team and Central Insights department, you will plan, design and implement player research initiatives and provide ongoing and integrated insight- based guidance across multiple stakeholders. You'll drive our team forward to ensure that the player perspective is heard and acted upon in the King game design process to help us create unforgettable games that delight players around the world.
This role reports to the Director of VIP and Product and is based in London or Stockholm.
- Work closely with product game teams (including product managers, designers, and data scientists) to help them select and implement the best research methods to answer questions, collate player feedback, and translate data into insights
- Collate compelling, integrated and actionable insights in written reports and presentations
- Contribute to central, strategic, research initiatives that span multiple games or topic areas
- Collaborate with research operations to recruit players and identify research operations improvement opportunities
- Seek, test, and adopt new methodologies that further enhance the efficiency of our department
- Develop capabilities and solutions that will provide quick turn- around insights using the multiple available channels
- Willingness to go "off script" to help teams with challenging constraints
- Contribute to company- wide research strategy
Skills to create thrills
- Extensive experience in user research with strong customer- facing expertise and a good understanding of product development
- Familiarity with testing tools such as UserTesting, PlaytestCloud, Userlytics, UserZoom, etc
- Extensive knowledge in Human- Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related fields, from industry experience or academic background
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in research lifecycle, including: briefing, recruitment, questionnaire/ discussion guide design, analysis, synthesis of findings, communication of insights
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, delivering in a fast- paced environment, whilst maintaining a calm and friendly approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Gaming sector experience
- Non- hierarchical mindset
- Agile and proactive
- A passion for players
- Individual, but team player
- Strong communication and excellent critical thinking skills
- A strategic, collaborative individual who puts player centricity at the centre of their thinking
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Customer & Game Support, London,Stockholm
UX & UI, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm
UX & UI, London,Stockholm
Data, Analytics & Strategy, London