Senior Player Experience Project Manager, Player Initiatives
Craft:Customer & Game Support
The Player Initiatives team at King drives player- centricity across the company and delights our players with the best player experiences in the industry. We are looking for an experienced, motivated and outstanding Senior Player Experience Manger to join the Player Initiatives team. The role is to be based in London or Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Senior Player Experience Manager, you will play an instrumental role in developing player- centric projects and you will champion the customer experience across player research, testing, events and more. You will lead the team to deliver high- impact, high- profile projects with the objective of pushing the boundaries of how we learn from and delight our players at King. You will support the development of user insights across all our games, setting strategic priorities and roadmap, executing on growth initiatives and communicating functionally.
Specifically you will:
- Drive innovation and supervise the day to day development of new initiatives to grow team’s expertise: e.g. pursuing new strategic opportunities, implementing new service offerings.
- Improve the reach of critical player relations expertise throughout King initiatives and campaigns, agnostic of geographical location or business unit.
- Lead the central research tooling area, including procurement for existing and new research tools in a hybrid working environment, eg. PlaytestCloud or VoxPopMe.
- Manage the Player Research Operations team around clear and motivating goals that are connected to the team and department strategy, lead, provide feedback and support to deliver the best- in- class player and stakeholder experience.
- Assist with strategic planning and direction of Player Research Operations service and team to effectively deliver high- quality participants and the best experience for all stakeholders.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach to support the business needs.
- Manage and deliver team and service performance reporting, including quarterly reports and one- off post- mortems, as needed.
Skills to create thrills
- Education: BA/BS degree with strong academic record
- 6+ years of experience in strategic project management in tech, gaming, media, entertainment or consumer service companies.
- Consistent record of leading projects, programs and teams in tech fast- paced environments.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Player/customer focus, standing up as player advocate and a great passion to help players
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex problems, leading to developing and communicating recommendations and action plans to senior management.
- Analytical, with experience driving analyses and recommendations with data- driven framework.
- Excellent oral and communications skills to express complex and analytical concepts with clarity.
- Excellent project management skills in managing external and internal stakeholders to execute recommendations and action plans.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google tools as well as service management tools, preferably, but not exclusively, JIRA.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.
HR & Business Support, London
HR & Business Support, Barcelona,London
Technology & Development, Barcelona
Customer & Game Support, Barcelona,London