Site Reliability Engineer - Observability
Craft:Technology & Development
At King millions of players connect to our games every day and expect to continue playing from where they left off. All this user and game progression data is stored in our infrastructure. We are looking to find someone eager to help us engineer and manage the monitoring and observability environments at the heart of this ecosystem.
We believe that you share our passion for learning new things, coding (primarily in Python), quality, automation, continuous improvements, and actively building and upholding a great culture. Above all, we would like to see that you have a genuine interest in high performance observability.
Your role within our Kingdom
Our job is to build effective, stable and reliable large- scale infrastructure tools and services for our platform, games, and product teams. We strive to empower developers to be autonomous and flexible. We continuously work to create self- service models for our tech in close collaboration with development teams.
We care deeply about our culture and believe in:
● An inclusive and diverse workplace
● Continuous improvement of everything we do
● Automation and coding as much as possible
● Collaboration and blame- free respectful problem solving
● Asking for help and sharing ideas openly
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure platform serving all of our games, as well as environments for developers and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport. This includes everything from working in our data centers, writing code for full stack orchestration and automation, troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
For this role you will join the our Applications engineering team to work on observability. You will engineer and provide the systems that are the eyes and ears of the infrastructure that processes over 100 billion events per day.
Example of what you will work on:
- Our monitoring pipeline for platform and infrastructure meters (kafka, collectors, adapters, influxdb, stackdriver, OpenTSDB),
- Alerting and notification (Nagios, PagerDuty, Monitoring in the )
- Troubleshooting and instrumentation solutions (NetData, atop, or other such solutions)
- Log management (Elk, Graylog, StackDriver)
Skills to create thrills
● Monitoring Pipelines built with Kafka, Collectors, Adapters
● Alerting and notifications (Nagios, PagerDuty, Incident response)
● Troubleshooting and instrumentation solutions (Netdata, Pixie)
● Knowledge of monitoring systems like OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Graphite, log management systems like Graylog or ELK
● Orchestration frameworks like SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform etc
● Comfortable with the Linux command line & its performance tools
● Able to communicate proficiently in written and spoken English
We think that you are a curious, humble, driven, collaborative, and responsible person who loves to work with infrastructure as code.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.