Brand Partnership Marketing Lead
In 2022 we’re celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Candy Crush and are putting together a programme of campaigns and initiatives to delight and excite our target audiences.
Brand Marketing collaborations will play a crucial role in helping us achieve our key marketing goals:
- Increase the popularity of Candy Crush with a younger audience demographic
- Refresh, rejuvenate and bring new energy to the Candy Crush brand
- Impact Candy Crush audience perception: cool, current and culturally relevant
To realise our ambitions in this area, we’re looking for a super- motivated, high- performing individual who can own the process of creating and delivering collaborations that get people talking.
This is a key role in a high- visibility team, sitting within the Candy Crush marketing organisation.
- Act as the ambassador for Candy Crush marketing partnerships and collaborations internally and externally
- Be the “voice of marketing” in all partnership- related discussions, negotiations and delivery workflows
- Work with agency partners and internal marketing teams to define how we identify, assess, and execute marketing collaborations and alliances
- Ensure marketing collaborations deliver above and beyond for Candy Crush in 2022, challenging stakeholders to deliver high- quality initiatives that will deliver significant marketing value
- Work with all necessary teams to champion, define and deliver promotional programs to support and amplify new partnerships (see “key relationships”)
Key skills & experience
The Candy Crush marketing team is fast- paced and dynamic. Every day is different, and we’re committed to delivering best- in- class work - and having fun while we do it. We are looking someone who is naturally creative, collaborative and builds strong relationships with ease, both in and outside of King. Always bringing fresh perspectives and insight, this person will have their finger on the pulse of trends and innovation, and a deep understanding of the relationship between gaming, brands, and culture.
- Track record of successfully delivering partnerships and collaborations in technology, entertainment, or gaming companies
- Demonstrable experience of leveraging the strength and scale of branded IP to deliver compelling licensing initiatives
- Thorough working knowledge of the cross- channel media landscape
- An ability to ensure that the marketing impact of brand collaborations is fully optimised, player- centric, and impactful
- Able to pull together promotional plans across internal and partner teams to ensure our collaborations achieve cut- through
- Experienced in managing multiple stakeholders across a complex organization, and able to quickly build effective working relationships at all levels
- Comfortable presenting to senior management and leadership teams, achieving buy- in, and influencing decision making
- Experience working with celebrity and influencer talent
- Understanding of game development workflows or product management
Including, but not limited to: Activision Blizzard Media; King Marketing Leadership; Platform Partnerships; Candy Crush Events & Live Marketing; Internal King Marketing teams (product marketing, community/social, PR, brand/creative, marketing studio etc.)
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.