New Games Community & Social Manager
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background and passion for digital communities, social media and gaming to work on a pipeline of new titles coming from King’s New Games Studios. Preferably you'll have passion and experience in gaming and an interest in mobile games too.
This role will be embedded with the King New Games Team, with connections to King’s Social Marketing team.
YOUR ROLE WITHIN OUR KINGDOM
You will be a part of a passionate, positive, fun team with a mission to put our players at the heart of what we do.
You will build strategies for engaging our players deeper than ever before on new titles in our pipeline – all the way from grass roots community development to unleashing the power of communities at launch and beyond.
You will work with internal stakeholders across game studio, marketing and social as well as external agencies.
- Build our social and digital communities for new titles through innovative community initiatives, outreach and editorial content - using agencies and internal support.
- Execute grassroots communities strategy with a view of how to grow to become the engine room of the successful launch of IP
- Have a vision for what the power of digital communities can deliver into players' lives, and where this fits within content and marketing campaigns. Bonus if you can explain metaverse theory and why that’s interesting to digital experiences of the future
- Embed social concepts within products and services and the challenges and planning needed
- Be a genuine advocate internally for what the community is talking about and what matters to them, sharing these and deeper insights to educate campaigns, new content ideas and potential digital experiences in- game
- To have a strategic mind and join the dots between game teams, marketing and other teams.
- Manage external agencies in an agile and flexible way, ensuring the delivery of key projects and value for the business
- Experience working with digital influencers, grassroots influencers and the influencer landscape and culture. Experience of influencer discovery and tools a bonus.
SKILLS TO CREATE THRILLS
- Passion for and experience working with games in the social/community space.
- Proven experience working and managing digital communities, social media marketing and or content strategy across gaming and/or entertainment brands or digital/social media agencies with a focus on engagement and growth.
- A strong culture of collaborating openly with team members and across departments - ideally, specifically in working with games teams.
- Strong understanding of digital community culture and norms. Knowledge of the social media and content ecosystem, trends and formats
- Strong editorial judgement and taking into account tone of voice, wider cultural trends
- Experience in content production and managing external agencies including briefing, creative review and post analysis of performance
- High level of resilience with problem- solving mindset in a very positive, but fast- moving environment
- Excellent communication, presentational skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally across all levels internally and externally
- Experience and knowledge of the US market
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.