Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer
Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
King has embarked on a multi- year journey to the public cloud - in particular Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - and has now set the ambitious target of being 100% cloud by 2023. As we progress on that journey, we now need an experienced Data & DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Centre of Excellence (COE) and help take the Cloud FinOps practice at King to the next level.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer at King, you will:
- Working closely with our FP&A team and cloud users and stakeholders, define, implement and evolve metrics, reports and dashboards to measure, analyze and optimize our cloud spend
- Develop and enhance our cloud cost allocation model - for example, to permit the per- namespace allocation of costs in GKE
- Enhance our cloud spend forecasting and alerting platform
- Working with colleagues in the Cloud COE, integrate cost allocation and management tooling with our wider cloud governance framework
- Develop the FinOps capabilities of our self- service Slack bot for GCP users at King
- Support the development and implementation of our strategy for cloud commitments - such as Google’s Committed Use Discounts
- Support the implementation and use of CCMO tools like Apptio Cloudability with colleagues from across the Activision Blizzard group
- Share and collaborate on Cloud FinOps best practices and methods with colleagues in the rest of Activision Blizzard
Skills to create thrills
- Highly knowledgeable of and proficient on at least one public cloud - ideally GCP
- Experienced working with cloud APIs, REST, OAuth, IAM, etc
- Strong at a Linux command line; know your cat from your grep; have a favourite CLI text editor - and can explain why it’s your favourite!
- Strong scripting/programming skills
- Data- native; can read and write complex SQL in your sleep
- Strong, multi- year experience with at least one BI platform - eg, Looker, Tableau, Power BI, or Data Studio
- Familiar with cloud security principles and best practices
- Be a self- starter who can deliver results with minimal day- to- day direction
- Proficient on multiple public clouds
- BigQuery expert
- Serverless savvy - ideally including Cloud Functions/Cloud Run/App Engine
- Familiar with building, testing, deploying and operating containerized applications - including on Kubernetes/GKE
- Proficient in multiple programming languages (particularly Go/Java/Node.js/Python)
- GCP certified (in particular, Professional Cloud Architect and/or Professional Data Engineer)
- Experienced with CCMO tools - eg, Apptio Cloudability
- Experienced working programmatically with Google Workspace - Google Sheets in particular
- Knowledge of Slack bot development or similar platform integrations
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts such as accrual- basis accounting, depreciation and amortization
- Have read the O’Reilly book “Cloud FinOps” from front to back!
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Technology & Development, London,Stockholm
Technology & Development, London
Technology & Development, Barcelona,Malmö,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Stockholm