Senior Art People Manager - Candy Crush Saga
Want to join our Kingdom? We are looking for an experienced and team- oriented Senior Art People Manager for the Candy team.
Your role within our Kingdom
At King, we know that investing in our talent is key to our continuous success. As a Senior Art People Manager you will focus on helping the individuals that report to you to perform at their very best. By working closely with your direct reports you will set expectations, coach, follow- up and develop everyone, so that we can reach our goal of having highly motivated Artists with the skills needed to deliver world- leading games.
- Actively participate in Candy Line Management Group
- Help build and support competent, agile teams
- Recruit, coach and help the individuals achieve excellence
- Work together with Craft Directors, Senior People Managers and
- HR in the Candy team to make King a great place to work
- Champion documentation to secure your work and knowledge sharing
- Drive initiatives that improve processes or the work environment for Artist
- Contribute to building a thriving Art community
- Support product area leadership in topics related to the talent in your team
Skills to create thrills
- You have strong leadership skills
- Some years of people management or team lead experience
- Passion to lead and support people/teams achieve their goals
- Experience in performance management, negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution in
- complex team environment
- Good understanding of game art development, assets creation and deliverables
- Great communication, coaching and feedback skills
- Tools: e.g. Jira, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other project management, reporting and
- tracking tools.
- People Management experience from more than one company
- Championing and implementing best practices and processes of effective talent
- Experience in working in agile environment
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.