Craft:Technology & Development
We are looking for an experienced QA Specialist with strong testing and organization skills to join Candy Crush Saga team in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy, then this is the right job for you. As part of Candy Crush Saga team, you will help to produce incredible experiences for our players with the level of high quality that King stands for. The QA Specialist needs to live and breathe quality, and you will be part of a creative, challenging and agile environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your agile testing expertise. Your role is embedded in the agile teams and focuses predominantly on Exploratory Testing throughout the development lifecycle.
• You are the main point of contact regarding testing best practices and testing related matters for the team
• Promote good QA practices, for example agile testing, test automation and risk based testing
• Coach the team members about quality assistance
• Mentor and lead the team in test design decisions to help the team deliver a quality end product.
• Assist the teams with test strategy, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation, test reporting and improving the bug process • You plan all testing activities, internally within the team and with external regression teams
• Create and maintain test plans and test cases for the games features
• Identify and communicate risks that are or have potential to affect other teams in relation to the overall quality of our products
• Understand how the games integrate with King tech products
• Coordinate with other tech teams and game teams when integrating and testing key features
• Be active in the continuous improvement of QA processes at King
• Be aware of and actively drive the vision agreed for the QA craft organisation
• Ensure that central QA teams are aware of how to test the features your team creates
Skills to create thrills
• Experience in working with mobile, tools and middleware QA
• Inspire and coach your colleagues to ensure quality standards are being applied throughout the SDLC
• Awareness of test automation frameworks
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools
• Experience with Test Rail or other similar test management tools
• Ability to create strong working relationships with team members
• Comfortable both directing larger testing efforts and getting hands on yourself Tasty Bonus
• Experience of working in the gaming industry
• Knowledge of game engines ( Unreal, Unity, etc. )
• Scripting/coding experience
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.
Technology & Development, Berlin,London,Malmö
Technology & Development, Austin,Foster City,San Francisco
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Stockholm