Data Science & Analytics Internship
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for talented and creative Data Science and Data Analytics Interns interested in pushing the boundaries of online games analytics to join our Kingdom!
When we talk about data, we’re talking about more than a billion gameplays and 10 billion events. Every day.
You will be part of the community of 100+ data science & analytics experts at King, while working on a daily basis in smaller teams of 6- 8 people, focused on particular games, our network or specific business areas. You will help us further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players, and help take King’s data capabilities to the next level.
You will get the chance to get involved in one or more of the below areas depending on your final team:
- Monitor and optimize our titles’ performance and support game production teams in developing new features that make our games even more engaging
- Optimize player experience for existing games and provide insights crucial to bringing new games towards a worldwide launch
- Analyze marketing campaigns to understand the impact of these on key business measures such as player activity, game rounds, new installs, reactivations etc
- Participate in innovative projects with the goal of providing robust and scalable solutions to automate marketing functions and to characterize and anticipate the behaviour of our players.
- Understand business problems and set the framework to address them by defining the right data and conducting analysis to lead to the right recommendations
Skills to create thrills
You will ideally have an interest in games, and you should have the ability to work in a flexible and fluid environment, where the job will evolve over time.
Other skills include:
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to present your analysis in a clear and unambiguous way
- Knowledge/Experience in dealing with large datasets and statistical analysis
- Coding skills in languages such as Java, SQL, R and/or Python
- Exposure to, or knowledge or AB testing
- Creative problem- solving skills
- The ability to work well, both autonomously, and as part of a larger team
- You should be pursuing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant subject.
The skills listed above are intended to portray the range of roles we have available; you do not need to possess all of these skills to apply! We will look at your own individual skillset and determine which team you would be best suited to.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Apply now! Applications need to be in English.
Our internships can vary in length, depending on the opportunity and your requirements and will take place in Summer 2022.
Please note: our application deadline is Sunday 5th December 2021, however we recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.